Sunday 2 October 2022

Share it on a Sunday - Favourite Fun Fold Card - Joy Fold - Happiness Abounds

 Hi Everyone,





You all know that I love a fun fold card, but which to choose as a favourite?  I have so many favourites but one I come back to time after time is the Joy Fold card, I just love it. It's also known (in Taffycrafting circles anyway) as a Flip Flop card. I haven't been crafting much lately due to being ill and no crafty mojo, so what better way to try and bring it back than with a favourite fold and my absolute favourite Suite of products.

Materials

1 piece of night of navy card stock 4 1/4" x 9 3/8", 1 piece 3 1/4" x 8 1/4", scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of dsp 4" x 6", 2 pieces 2 7/8" x 4", 2 pieces 3" x 4"
1 piece of basic white 3" x 4", scrap for the sentiment
Night of navy ink
Happiness Abounds stamp set
Stylish Shapes dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose Adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the largest piece of navy card at 6 1/4", fold and burnish to make the larger portion of the card. On the long side score the smaller piece at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the smaller card.

Add all the dsp layers - remember that the small card opens the opposite way to the larger one. I've stamped a flower on the plainer pieces of dsp that are on the inside of the card.

Adhere the smaller card on top of the larger one so that it sits centrally and opens the opposite way to the larger one.


Stamp a sentiment on the piece of white for the inside and adhere in place.

Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of white and die cut with the Stylish Shapes banner that fits the sentiment. I decided to back my sentiment with another banner cut in the navy card just to strengthen it a bit as I am using it as a latch to keep the card closed.  Add the banner with a couple of dimensionals at the left side so that you can tuck the flap from the smaller card into it.


There you go, a quick and easy Joy Fold (Flip Flop) card which is my favourite fun fold (today) haha.

Please pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made too.


Donna Lester

Victoria Littlewood


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, follow me on Facebook or sign up for a copy of my Weekly Newsletter (emailed out every Monday morning and link copied to my Facebook Pages).

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

f you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,

Karen X
Product List

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card - simple and elegant. My favourite kind!

    ReplyDelete