Saturday 15 October 2022

Gingham Cottage Treat Bags - Pootlers Team Retreat Swaps

 Hi Everyone,


I spent last weekend in Birmingham with some of my lovely Team Mates at the Pootlers Retreat and I needed some swaps to take with me. Those of you who follow me will know that my crafty mojo went into hiding and I've been poorly too so I wasn't going to make any at all. However, I 'had a word with myself' haha and pulled my finger out to make these really quick and easy treat bags. I had a lot of this dsp and I have loads of ribbon and embellishments (so some that I have used is retired but I wanted to use it up).

Materials

1 piece of dsp 8 1/4" x 4"
Scraps of coloured and basic white card for the sentiments
Scraps of ribbon
Embellishments
Heart Punch Pack
Memento Black ink
Natures Prints stamp set
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Paper snips
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Single Hole Punch

Instructions

On the long side score the dsp (not too hard as it will tear) at 3", 4", 7" and 8", then turn 90 degrees and score at 3".  Fold and burnish all the score lines.

Cut up the score lines as shown to make the tabs. Add glue to the skinny tab on the end and fold that and the section next to it over and bring the other end over to seal it.


Fold in the tabs, fold the back flap in and then add glue to the inside of the front flap and seal up the bottom. You now have a bag shape.  Squeeze the top together, this will form a sort of pleat in the sides and punch a hole about 1/2" down from the top, in the centre, this is for the ribbon.

Add your sweet treats, thread the ribbon through the holes and tie a knot and trim off the ends.

Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of white card and punch out with the straight edged heart, punch a scalloped one in the contrasting or matching colour and layer the two together.  Decorate with embellishments. Add some dimensionals to the back and stick to the front of the bag and you're done.

These are really quick to make, I made 40 in an afternoon.  Great for using up ribbon, embellishments and dsp.


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, follow me on Facebook or sign up for a copy of my Weekly Newsletter (emailed out every Monday morning and link copied to my Facebook Pages).

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

f you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,

Karen X

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment