Wednesday 5 October 2022

Textured Chic Thank You Card - Stamping With Friends Blog Hop - Being Thankful

 Hi Everyone,


Today's blog hop theme  is 'Being Thankful' and I've used a sketch challenge to make this pretty card using Texture Chic dsp and the Nature's Prints and Hand Penned stamp sets.








Materials

1 piece of thick basic white 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of gold foil 4" x 5 3/4", 1 piece 2 3/4" square
1 piece of basic white 2 3/8" square
2 pieces of dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Stylish Shapes dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Petal Pink ink
Nature's Prints stamp set
Hand Penned Petals stamp set
Heat Tool
Metallic Embossing Powders
Versamark ink
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the thick white card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the gold foil layer to the card front.

Stack the two pieces of dsp together and cut them at an angle, following the image in the sketch above. This will give you enough to make two card fronts. As you can see from the picture above, I've made two cards but only finished off one, I'm going to wait for an occasion to come up and then decorate the second one.  Adhere one piece from each dsp as shown in the sketch image.

Die cut the largest two squares from the Stylish Shapes dies, one in white, the larger one in gold. I've cut out the two largest circles as well to use on the remaining card.

Stamp some ferns using the petal pink ink on the white layer.

Now stamp the sentiment on the white layer using Versamark ink and then sprinkle with gold embossing powder and set with the Heat Tool.

Layer up the two squares and add to the card front using dimensionals.

Although the sketch shows embellishments, I decided not to use them as I thought the papers were busy enough - what do you think?

Please pop over and see what everyone else has been up to this time.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, follow me on Facebook or sign up for a copy of my Weekly Newsletter (emailed out every Monday morning and link copied to my Facebook Pages).

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

f you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,

Karen X



Product List

2 comments: