Friday 21 October 2022

Hues of Happiness Concertina Card - Fun Fold Friday

 Hi Everyone,





I recently spent a lovely weekend with 40 other Stampin' Up Demonstrators at our Team Retreat in Birmingham and my Upline, Sam Hammond Donald, showed us how to make this cute card using the Gnomes set. I really liked it so as I needed a card for a special Auntie who is turning 87 this week, I thought I would recreate it using my very favourite dsp - Hues of Happiness. I have also tweaked the measurements slightly, be warned though, it does use quite a bit of dsp and card stock, it I think it's worth it.

Materials

2 pieces of Fresh Freesia card stock 4" x 5 3/4", 7 pieces 2 3/4" x 4 1/2"
3 pieces of basic white card 2 1/2" x 4 1/4"
1 piece of dsp 5 1/2" x 11 1/2", 1 piece 5 1/2" x 11 1/4", 4 pieces 2 1/2" x 4 1/4", 2 pieces 3 3/4" x 5 1/2", scraps for fussy cutting/die cutting
Fresh Freesia ink
Happiness Abounds stamp set
Elegant Trim
Iridescent gems
Sequins
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Mini Glue dots
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side, score both pieces of dsp at 3 3/4", 7 1/2" and the longer one also at 11 1/4". Don't score too hard as it's only paper and will tear, fold and burnish.

Add the two pieces of dsp together by adding adhesive to the 1/4" tab and sticking them both together to make one long concertina.


Add the two largest pieces of card stock to the back of the front and back section, leaving a border all the way around the edges.


Add the card stock mats in the centre of each section as shown.



Add a dsp mat to the 4 central sections.

Adhere the large dsp pieces to the front and back of the card, add the remaining Fresh Freesia mat layer to the front.

I've stamped a simple sentiment on 1 white mat, flowers on 1 and the one for the front, I have stamped the sentiment towards the bottom so that I can add cut out flowers and leaves. Adhere these in place.



Die cut or fussy cut some flowers and leaves and arrange on the mat on the front, above the sentiment. Add a small bow with a mini glue dot and sprinkle some sequins and gems and the card is complete. 




I do hope that you like it, thanks for the inspiration Sam Hammond Donald. I will be making more of these.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, follow me on Facebook or sign up for a copy of my Weekly Newsletter (emailed out every Monday morning and link copied to my Facebook Pages).

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

f you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,

Karen X




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment