Saturday 12 February 2022

Kite Delight Spanner Card - Ink, Stamp, Share Showcase Blog Hop

 Hi Everyone,





Today I am hopping with the Ink, Stamp, Share group and I am showcasing a new fun fold (to me) and the very cute Kite Delight stamp set and Sunshine and Rainbows designer series paper. If you haven't got any of this yet, then  

  • Why not? Its fab  
  • Hurry up it's only available until the end of February
  • It's FREE with a qualifying purchase (£45 spend)

Materials

1 piece of melon mambo card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of basic white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", 1 piece 3 1/4" x 3 7/8", 2 pieces 1 1/8" x 4", scraps for stamping
2 pieces of dsp 1" x 3 7/8", 2 pieces 1 1/8" x 3 7/8", scraps to cut out clouds and rainbow
1 piece of window sheet 1 1/4" x 5 7/8"
Memento Black ink
Melon Mambo ink
Kite Delight stamp set
Pumpkin Pie ink
Daffodil Delight ink
Blender Pen
Mini glue dots
Dimensionals
Multipurpose adhesive
Paper snips
Trimmer
Bone Folder
Tear and Tape

Instructions

On the long side score the melon mambo at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base. Then measure in from the outer side edge 1 1/4" at both sides and cut up to the score line.

Add the smaller dsp strips to the white mats and then adhere to the side panels of the card front.  Stamp a sentiment in melon mambo (I need to reink this, it's a bit patchy) in the centre of the larger white mat and adhere to the inside of the card. Add the remaining dsp strips to either side, this will be hidden when the card is closed.


Fussy cut two clouds and one rainbow from the dsp.

Stamp the sentiment in memento black ink at the top of the remaining white mat and adhere the rainbow and one of the clouds underneath (see picture) and add to the centre panel of the card front.


Stamp a kite and the tails on some scrap basic white and colour in with ink and a blender pen (I have done this rather than use Stampin' Blends because I didn't want to colour to show through on the other side).  Fussy cute the kite and tails.

Add the window sheet to the bottom back edges of the two side panels, so that it 'spans' across the centre panel. I've used tear and tape but you could use glue dots.  You can add a panel of card or dsp to the back of these panels to cover the window sheet edges and the adhesive if you like, I haven't done this.


Adhere the tail to the bottom of the kite and then add the kite to the righthand side panel with dimensionals (make sure you can't see them when you lift the card front up). Add mini glue dots to the bows on the tail to make it stick to the window sheet. Add the remaining cloud to the other panel in the same way and stick the final bow to the cloud.

I love how this turned out, I think it's cute, I hope that you do too.

Please pop over and see what everyone else has been up to as well.



If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X



Product List

8 comments: