Saturday 19 February 2022

Covered Notebooks/Shopping Pads

 Hi Everyone,


A friend asked me to make her some long notebooks to give to friends/colleagues/teachers as small gifts. I've used some scraps of dsp to cover some long, thin notebooks which are ideal for shopping lists. My knitting pals use them for keeping a note of where they are up to and/or pattern ideas and information. Very simple to make and pretty to give as small gifts. Let me show you how I made them.

Materials

1 piece of card stock 3 1/8" x full length of A4, scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of dsp 2 7/8" x 7 7/8"
Memento black ink
Tailored Tag punch
Brass Butterflies
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer

I have put mine in cello bags so they can be used as gifts and added a pen. I've used a scrap of matching dsp 2 1/2" x 4" folded in half to add to the top of the packet and stapled it to keep it in place.

Instructions

Lay the notebook face down on the card stock with the bottom of the card 1/8" below the bottom of the pad and make a pencil mark where the top of the notepad is. Then make a score mark across this line.  You can measure the top of the pad and make another score if you want to but these pads are not very thick, so I have just folded it over the top and then burnished the fold line.

Adhere the folded over piece to the back of the card and then turn the notebook over and adhere the dsp to the  front.

Stamp a sentiment on the scrap of card and punch out, add to the front with multipurpose adhesive and add some butterflies.

Pop the pad and a pen inside the cello bag and fold it closed. Add the dsp topper and secure in place by stapling.

I have made dozens of these over the years and given them as gifts or sold them at craft fairs where they are very popular. It's a great way of using up designer series papers too.

Why don't you give it a try, the notebooks are readily available in any shops that sell stationery items.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X



Product List

4 comments:

  1. Love your Notebook Book/Shopping Pads so bright and cheery. Hope all is well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. By any chance do you have a video on making these?

    ReplyDelete