Sunday 20 February 2022

Heart Punch Flower Card - Share it on a Sunday

 Hi Everyone,





For Share it on a Sunday this week, we are playing with punches. I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was really pretty so I've had a go using the Simply Marbleous dsp for the flower and Abstract Beauty for the background. The flower is made using the Heart Punch, let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of coastal cabana card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of basic white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of Abstract Beauty dsp 3 5/8" x 5 3/8"
3 sheets of Simply Marbleous 6" x 6" dsp
Heart Pack Punch
Trimmer
Blue Adhesive Backed Gems
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Bone Folder

Instructions

On the long side score the coastal cabana card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Punch out as many hearts as you can from 3 sheets of the dsp, I've used the straight edged heart punch for this. Fold each heart in half down the centre.  Arrange the petals in a circular design on the top (just a dry fit for now to make sure you have the positioning correct). 


They sit inside each other as shown. When you are happy start to adhere them in place on the dsp mat layer (my mat layer started out a little larger than the measurement given above but it wasn't quite centre when I finished so I chopped a little bit off).  Keep going until you have completed the circle and you have a pretty flower, then adhere this mat layer to the card front.

Stamp a sentiment on the remaining piece of basic white and add to the inside of the card.  Stamp a sentiment on the scrap of white and then adhere to the scrap of coastal cabana and trim around the edges to leave a small border.  Add this to the card front below the flower using dimensionals.  Add some of the blue gems for a bit of added sparkle.

I hope that you like my card and will give it a try, don't forget to pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made too.


Donna Lester

Victoria Littlewood


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X




Product List

5 comments:

  1. An absolutely fabulous card Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunning! Thanks for the tips on how to make it. I want to give it a go! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the time it goes through the mail, won't the "flower" be all flattened out? Can it even go through the mail? I realize you're not in the US but wonder if this is an issue in the UK

    ReplyDelete