Thursday 4 February 2021

Playing With Patterns and Dandy Garden - Coming Home Cards - One Layout Two Ways

 Hi Everyone,


Today I am showing another one of my favourite layouts, I have used this in the past on portrait cards, landscape, even fun folds. It's a very adaptable layout and can be combined in many different ways.  Today I have used the Coming Home stamp set to make some New Home cards as they are ones that I am always being asked for when I do my craft fairs.  I hope that you will see that you can use any dsp, colour card stock, stamp set to adapt this layout in any way you like.  There is also a video tutorial over on my YouTube channel to show you how I made these two cards.

https://youtu.be/-Bx5_42FCGw

Materials

2 card bases 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of basic white for the inside layers 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
2 pieces of designer series paper 4" x 5 3/4" (I have used Dandy Garden and Playing With Patterns)
3 strips of contrasting dsp for each card approx 1" x 3 1/2"
3 strips of card to match the card base (optional mats for the dsp strips) slightly wider and longer than the dsp strips (I only matted the layers on the Dandy Garden card)
2 x 2 5/8" squares of card to match the card base
2 x 2 1/8" square of white card for stamping
Coming Home stamp set
Art Gallery stamp set
Misty moonlight ink
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Layering squares dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder

Instructions

On the long side score the card base at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish.

Add the dsp layer to the card front.

Decide whether or not you want to add a mat to your strips of dsp and if so cut them slightly wider and longer than the dsp strips. I'm not giving measurements for this because if you watch the video you can see me struggling with this, it took a few attempts to get it right, just one of those days when my brain doesn't work!!  If using mats, adhere the dsp to the mats leaving a small border all around the edges.

Die cut the squares from the coloured and the white card ready for the stamping.

Arrange the strips on the card front with the sentiment mat and decide where you want them to go and then fix the strips to the card front.  On the Dandy Garden one I have added dimensionals, on the other one I have no mat layer and have adhered them directly to the card front.

Stamp the image and the sentiment on the white squares and then adhere to the coloured square and add dimensionals to the back and place them on the card front in your desired position.

Add the remaining white layers to the inside and decorate with a 1/2" strip of dsp if you have one to match.

I hope that you like the idea and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Free Tutorial Bundle

I have joined together with a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the world to compile a selection of 38 tutorials to give to my customers.  The Tutorial Bundle comes as a PDF file complete with pictures and instructions for all of the projects.  You can get this great resource FREE with any order over £10.



Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


Product List

1 comment: