Thursday 1 October 2020

Stamp Around UK Video Hop - Sketch Challenge

 Hi Everyone,





Today I am video hopping with the Stamp Around UK group and the theme for this month was a Sketch Challenge.  I decided to make a card for my favourite Auntie who has a birthday in a few days and I wanted to use up lots of die cuts that I had lying around (I always cut out too many) and use the Plaid Tidings designer series paper.  Please click on the link below to see the video tutorial and to see what other lovely projects have been made this month by some very talented crafters.

https://youtu.be/BBXY7zfhbls



Materials

1  piece of melon mambo card stock 10" x 7", 2 1/4" circle, 2 1" circles
2 pieces of whisper white card stock 6 1/2" x 4 1/2", 1"  x 5" strip, 2" circle
1 piece of Plaid Tidings dsp 6" x 4"
Scraps of melon mambo, bumblebee, gorgeous grape, rococco rose and silver foil card
Melon mambo ink
Arrange a Wreath stamp set
Posted for You stamp set
Wreath Builder dies
Forever Flourishing dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
2" circle punch
2 1/4" circle punch
Triple Banner punch
Detailed Trio punch
Confetti Flower Border punch
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Basic pearls

Instructions

On the long side score the melon mambo card at 5", fold and burnish to make the card base.

Round the top right and bottom left corners on one piece of whisper white card and the designer series paper and adhere to the card front leaving borders all the way around on each layer.

Punch both ends of the 1" strip of whisper white using the triple banner punch and adhere to the centre of the card.

Stamp a sentiment and some flowers on the inside whisper white layer and then adhere inside the card.


Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of whisper white using melon mambo ink and then punch out with the 2" circle punch.  Punch a 2 1/4" melon mambo circle to add to the back of the stamped circle.  Fix dimensionals to the back and adhere to the centre of the card front.

I always die cut too many pieces when I am making cards so I always have a dish full of bits and pieces so I have made use of these for this card.  I used the Wreath Builder, Forever Flourishing dies and punch outs from the Confetti Flower punch too.  Because they are all quite small I have punched out a 1" circle of whisper white to use as a base for them.

Arrange the flowers and leaves into two arrangements and when you are happy with them, add dimensionals to the back of them and fix to the card slightly overlapping the centre circle.  If you want to, you can also add more by tucking them in underneath the arrangement once it is on the card, as much or as little as you like.

I have added tiny pearls to the flower centres to finish it off.

I hope that you like it and that you will give it a try.

Don't forget, if you click on the link above, this takes you to my video and from there you can access all of the other projects too.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX

Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment