Friday 9 October 2020

Fun Fold Friday #36 - Feels Like Frost Fun Fold (Gift Card Holder) Card

 Hi Everyone,


Welcome to my Fun Fold Friday series and this week I have been playing with the Feels Like Frost designer series paper, I wanted to use both the foil and the scenic patterns in the same card.  When I am prepping for my videos, I sometimes just fold up bits of card to see what I come up with and this is one of those occasions. I started with an accordion fold card on the front of a single piece of card but I didn't like that because it didn't stand up by itself. So I decided to make it a tent fold card instead and put the accordion fold on the front of that, that proved quite bulky and wouldn't stay closed, so out came the ribbon and after a bit more cutting and folding, this is what I came up with. As I was writing up this Blog Post I realised that the card on the front could actually hold a gift card but I didn't think of it when I was filming it. Anyway, there is a video tutorial over on my YouTube channel, please click on the link below.

https://youtu.be/1NQWphNGyT0

Materials

1 piece of highland heather card stock 4 1/8" x 11 3/4" and 1 piece 4" x 6 1/2"
1 piece of whisper white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and 1 piece 3" x 3 7/8" and a scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of dsp (foil pattern) 4" x 5 3/4"
2 pieces of dsp 3" x 3 7/8" (scenic pattern)
A piece of silver edged white ribbon approx 16"
Highland Heather ink
Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set
Classic Label punch
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Stampin Seal
Mini dimensionals

Instructions

Score the larger piece of highland heather card stock on the long side at 5 7/8" and fold and burnish to make a tent fold card.  Score the smaller piece at 3 1/4" on the long side and fold and burnish.

Stamp a sentiment on the whisper white layer using highland heather ink and adhere inside the card.  Stamp the other sentiment on the scrap of whisper white and punch out with the classic label punch and set aside.

Adhere the foil pattern dsp to the card front leaving a tiny border all the way around the edge. If you can use some sort of tape runner like Stamp n Seal as sometimes the line of glue shows through on the foiled papers.

Adhere the scenic dsp to the front and the inside of the smaller card and also add the other whisper white layer (You could add a gift card to this section.). 

Wrap the ribbon around the smaller card and fasten in a bow on the front, then adhere this smaller card to the front of the tent fold card towards the top and centre.

Add the sentiment to the front of the card below the smaller card as shown.

I hope that you like this card and will give it a try - I do wish I had thought of the gift card idea before I filmed it but never mind.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XX


Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment