Sunday 11 October 2020

Share it on a Sunday - Poinsettia Christmas Card

 Hi Everyone,


It's Share it on a Sunday and this week the theme is 'Christmas Card'.  I have to say I am in love with the Poinsettia Suite and have been making lots of projects with it.  Today I have gone for a non traditional colour, I hope you like it. Let me show you how I made it and don't forget to pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made this week, click on the links at the bottom of this post.


Materials

1 piece of misty moonlight card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of balmy blue card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of whisper white card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of Snowflake Splendour dsp 3 5/8" x 5 3/8"
Scraps of balmy blue glimmer paper, balmy blue card, night of navy card, silver foil to decorate
Misty Moonlight ink
Silver gem (from my stash)
Tasteful Labels dies
Poinsettia dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set
Gift Wrapped stamp set
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Mini glue dots

Instructions

Score the misty moonlight card on the long side at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the balmy blue layer to the card front leaving a small border all around the edges, repeat with the dsp layer.

Die cut one each of the flowers in blue glimmer paper and an assortment of holly leaves in night of navy, balmy blue and silver foil. I have also die cut the berry sprig in the balmy blue glimmer paper.

Layer the flower together using mini glue dots or dimensionals, wet glue does not work very well with glimmer paper.  You can shape the petals by curling them around the bone folder or you can just pull them up as I have done in this example, just fiddle with them until you are happy with how they look.  I have added a silver gem from my personal stash to the centre but you can add anything you have to hand.

Add a couple of dimensionals to the back of the flower and add to the card front, I've put mine over on the right but it's up to you, right, left, middle whatever you like the best.  Then start adding in the leaves.  I have bent them in the middle and curled the ends slightly to give them some dimension and added wet glue to the back of them and arranged them around the flower.  Add the berry stem in the same way, just tuck it in amongst the leaves.

Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of balmy blue card and then die cut using the Tasteful Labels dies and add to the card front using dimensionals.

Stamp another sentiment on the whisper white layer and add some stars from the Gift Wrapped stamp set to decorate the inside.  Adhere to the inside of the card.

I've made another one in the same way but used a balmy blue card base and I've also used the sprig punch as well as the dies.  Which one is your favourite?

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Don't forget to pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made:


Donna Lester

Victoria Littlewood

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


 
Product List

1 comment:

  1. Wow! what a fabulous Christmas card and love the non-traditional colours xx

    ReplyDelete