Friday 2 October 2020

Fun Fold Friday #35 - Trimming the Town Z Fold Card

 Hi Everyone,


Welcome to my Fun Fold Friday series and this week I have made a simple Z fold card using the gorgeous Trimming the Town designer series papers.  There is also a video tutorial over on my YouTube channel, please click on the link below.

https://youtu.be/RFS4GPLInJ8

Materials

1 piece of pool party card stock 4 1/8" x 11 3/4" (full length of A4) and 1 piece approx 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" for the scalloped mat
1 piece of whisper white card 2 3/4" x 4" 
1 piece of dsp 5 3/4" x 4", 1 piece 2 3/4" x 4" and 1 piece approx 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" for the scalloped mat
Real Red ink
Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Stitched So Sweetly dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss Machine
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder

Instructions

On the long side, score the pool party piece of card at 2 7/8" and 5 7/8" and fold and burnish to make the Z fold.

On the card in the picture above, I selected a section of the scene to cut as a background, adhere this piece to the inside large layer of the card.  I chose the dsp with the sentiments in several languages as the piece for the front layer of the Z fold and adhered in place.

Stamp a sentiment on the whisper white layer and adhere to the middle fold on the card to write your message.

Die cut a rectangle from the pool party card for the mat for the front of the card.  Then I selected another section of the scene to cut out my smaller rectangle to go on the front so it looks like its part of the main scene on the back layer. Adhere this layer to the centre of the pool party layer and fix to the card front using dimensionals on the left hand side only.

On the sample card, I have used a different piece of dsp for the back but again selected a piece of the scene for the front section.

This is one of the simpler fun fold cards to make but i think it looks really special with this scenic designer series paper,I hope you like it and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX





Product List

2 comments: