Monday 19 October 2020

Beautiful Friendship and Gorgeous Posies - Stamped One Sheet Wonder

 Hi Everyone,





Today I am playing with a colour challenge that I saw last week - Mossy Meadow, Bermuda Bay and Smoky Slate.  It took me a while but then I thought - stamp a one sheet wonder (I've been watching Artful Stampin a lot and thought I would give it a go) and see what happens, so I did and made four cards out of it and I'm quite pleased with the result.  So the moral of this tale is, have a go, it might push you out of your comfort zone but at the end of the day, if you don't like it, it's only paper and ink.

Materials

2 pieces of bermuda bay card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of mossy meadow card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of smoky slate card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
4 pieces of basic black card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of A4 whisper white card stock for stamping
Scraps of card in all of the colours for the sentiment layers
4 pieces of whisper white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" for the inside layers
Ribbon if desired
Bermuda bay ink
Smoky slate ink
Mossy meadow ink
Beautiful Friendship stamp set
Gorgeous Posies stamp set
Good Morning Magnolia stamp set
2" circle punch
2 1/4" circle punch
Dimensionals
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder

Instructions

Stamp your design on the A4 sheet, start with the largest  images, stamp full strength and stamp off to get different shades.  Stamp the images on post it notes and fussy cut to make masks to cover the stamped  images so that you can tuck other images into them. Remember to turn your stamp so that the images are not all facing the same direction and most of all, HAVE FUN, there is no right or wrong.


When you are happy you have finished, cut the A4 in half lengthways and then in half again to make four card fronts. Trim these to 3 5/8" x 5 3/8" so that they will sit on the basic black layer and leave a nice border all around.

Adhere the two layers then on to the card bases (I used one of each colour and then added an extra bermuda bay because that is my favourite of the three colours).


Stamp sentiments in each of the colours and punch out with the 2" punch and then lay them on to a matching 2 1/4" circle.  You can add ribbon underneath the sentiments if you want to or add other embellishments as you like.


Add a whisper white layer to the inside and there you are, 4 cards. I hope that you like them and will give this a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


Product List

2 comments: