Thursday 22 October 2020

Poinsettia Place Christmas Card Sketch Challenge

 Hi Everyone,


Those of you who follow me will know that I regularly show you projects that are challenges.  Sometimes it's colours, sometimes a particular product and sometimes it's a sketch.  I do lots of challenges with two of my crafty friends - Taffycrafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we have a regular weekly one called Share it on a Sunday. Well, now Donna has challenged us to do some sketch challenges over the next few weeks to keep our creative mojo going and I'm going to use them as a chance to show you new products as well as some old favourites that I haven't used for a while.  So, here goes with my Challenge 30 of #33, I hope that you like it.


Materials

1 piece of garden green card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of gold foil 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", 1 piece 3/4" x 5 3/8" and a scrap for the label
1 piece of whisper white card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and a scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of Poinsettia Place dsp 3 5/8" x 5 3/8" and a scrap of the large flower design to die cut
Poinsettia dies
Stitched So Sweetly dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss Machine
Garden green ink
Poinsettia Petals stamp set
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the garden green card stock at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make a landscape card base.

If you are being frugal you can die cut your label for the sentiment from the centre of the gold foil piece before you adhere it to the card front.  However, if you forget,like I did, you will need an additional scrap.  Add the dsp layer on top of the gold foil layer leaving a border all around the edges.  Then add the strip of gold foil across the centre.

Die cut the foil label if you haven't already done it and also the sentiment layer from whisper white and one of the large poinsettia flowers from the scrap of dsp.

Stamp the sentiment on the whisper white layer and then adhere to the foil layer with adhesive.  Stamp on the whisper white layer for the inside and then add it to the inside of the card.

Add dimensionals to the back of the die cut flower and arrange on the card front.

Another simple sketch challenge that will look completely different depending on the stamp sets and dsp that you use, give it a try, its fun.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Wow! another stunning card Karen. I wasn't going to buy this bundle because I had a couple of other poinsettia dies, but gave in lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I did the same thing, won't buy the dies, I can fussy cut them haha, bought the dies, so much easierxx Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete