Thursday 29 October 2020

Snowy Trimming the Town

 Hi Everyone,


Today I have been playing with the Trimming the Town designer series paper and some off cuts from the new Curvy dies (available from 3rd November 2020).  I had a couple of curvy pieces left from another project so I decided to turn them into snow drifts for this card. Let me show you what I did.

Materials

1 piece of mossy meadow card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of whisper white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and scraps for the snow drifts and the sentiment
1 piece of dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 house cut from the dsp
2" circle of gold foil
Curvy dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Mossy meadow ink
Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set
Perfectly Plaid stamp set
2" circle punch
1 1/2" circle punch

Instructions

On the long side, score the mossy meadow card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the landscape card base.

Adhere the dsp layer to the card front leaving a small border all around the edge.

I had two narrow curvy pieces left from another project so I have laid them on top of each other to look like snow drifts, but you could just cut some from the Curvy dies. Adhere them to the bottom of the dsp so that they line up and then add some glue to the house and slip that in between the two layers (see picture).

Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of whisper white and punch out with the 1 1/2" circle punch and add it to a 2" gold circle.  Add this to the card front using dimensionals.

Stamp another sentiment on the remaining piece of whisper white and add it to the inside of the card.

there you go, another quick and easy card, I hope that you like it.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


Product List 

3 comments: