Saturday 29 August 2020

InkStampShare Blog Hop - Life is Beautiful


 Hi Everyone,





Today I am taking part in the InkStampShare Blog Hop and the theme is the 'Autumn-Winter Catalogue' or the August-December Mini Catalogue as it is now being called. I've chosen to use autumn colours and the gorgeous Life is Beautiful stamp set. Let me show you how I made it and don't forget to pop over and see what everyone else has made.

Materials

1 piece of pumpkin pie card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of Gilded Autumn dsp 4" x 5 3/4"
1 piece of very vanilla card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" and 1 piece 3 5/8" x 5 3/8"
Life is Beautiful stamp set
Early espresso ink
Pumpkin pie ink
Trimmer
Simply scored
Multipurpose adhesive

Instructions

Score the pumpkin pie card stock at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Add the dsp layer to the card front,I have chosen the very subtle, speckled design that looks a bit like an egg shell.

On the smaller piece of very vanilla, I have stamped the tree using early espresso. I have used the splodge stamp as a shadow to ground the tree so its not floating in mid air, I have stamped off so it's paler and stamped it three times across the bottom.

Then I added the bird house on the left of the tree using early espresso and the sentiment to the lower right. I have used 'Thinking of You' as I think that this card could be used as a sympathy card (in these colours) as well as just a general 'Thinking of You' card.

I stamped the leaves in pumpkin pie several times in different directions and I think it looks like the wind has caught some of the leaves and they are falling. Add this to the card front leaving a border all the way around the edges.

I have also used the leaf stamp on the very vanilla piece for the inside and stamped full strength, 1st generation and 2nd generation down the right hand side.  Fix this to the inside of the card with the adhesive.

A really quick and effective card, #simplestamping with a little bit of designer series paper, why don't you give it a try.

Please now pop over to the next blog and see what Dana has made


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


Product List

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen, I love this stamp set and the autumnal colours. Thank you for hopping and sharing with us today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Karen, love the Autumnal theme xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combination - great card, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, the weather here is feeling very Autumnal
    Thank you for hopping with us this month xx

    ReplyDelete