Sunday 9 August 2020

Colour Combo Blog Hop - August 2020

Hi Everyone,






Today I am taking part in the Colour Combo Blog Hop for the first time - I have to say that Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaron and Soft Suede are not colours that I would ever think of putting together but I like how it turned out.  I don't have Soft Suede ink so used that colour for the card stock and the background dsp layers.

Materials

1 piece of soft suede card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of whisper white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of soft suede dsp from the Neutrals Paper Stack
Floral Essence stamp set
Field of Flowers stamp set
Rich Razzleberry ink
Mint Macaron ink
Bumblebee ink
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone folder

Instructions

Score the soft suede card stock at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the dsp layer to the card front leaving a tiny border all around and add one of the whisper white layers to the inside.

I've stamped two of the largest flowers from the Floral Essence stamp set using the rich razzleberry ink at the bottom left of one of the pieces of whisper white card.  After stamping the first one, I have masked it off to stamp the second one.  If you have never done this before - stamp the image on a post it note and then cut it out.  Then lay it over the image whilst you stamp other images close to it so that they look as though they are tucked in at the side or behind.  I have also used the mas on the flowers to stamp the leaf images around the edges with the mint macaron ink. I've used bumblebee ink to stamp the flower centres.

Then I stamped the 'Always' from Field of Flowers at the top right using rich razzleberry ink and then the smaller 'Thinking of You' at bottom right with mint macaron ink.

I hope you like what I have done with this colour combo and give it a try. Please now hop on over and see what the rest of my crafty colleagues have made:

Image may contain: text that says 'NEXT'

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX


Product List

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! I love the positioning in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and simple, but very elegant!
    Thanks for joining!
    Greets Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card! love the clean look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know how I missed this yesterday! I have to agree they aren't the colours I would have thought to put together either, but you've done a fabulous job - love the card a lot xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Karen, really delicate with quite difficult colours I agree, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete