Wednesday 5 August 2020

Flowering Blooms Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone,



Those of you who follow me will know that I regularly show you projects that are challenges.  Sometimes it's colours, sometimes a particular product and sometimes it's a sketch.  I do lots of challenges with two of my crafty friends - Taffycrafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we have a regular weekly one called Share it on a Sunday. Well, now Donna has challenged us to do some sketch challenges over the next few weeks to keep our creative mojo going and I'm going to use them as a chance to show you new products as well as some old favourites that I haven't used for a while.  So, here goes with my Challenge 9, I hope that you like it.

(Sketch from cardztv.blogspot.com)

Materials

1 piece of Highland Heather card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of Gorgeous Grape dsp 4" x 5 3/4"
1 piece of Playing With Patterns dsp 2 3/4" x 5 1/8"
1 piece of Gorgeous Grape dsp 2 3/8" x 4 5/8"
1 piece of Whisper White  3 7/8" x 5 5/8", 1 piece 3" x 4" for the oval and a piece 1" x 2 1/8"
Layering oval dies (I don't have the Stampin Up ones so used one from my stash)
Flowering Blooms stamp set
Gorgeous Grape ink
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Die Cutting machine
Dimensionals

Instructions

Score the card stock at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the largest layer leaving a tiny border all around, then layer up the other two pieces of dsp as the sketch picture (I have amended the sizes slightly because the ones in the sketch are following US measurements).

Stamp the flower using gorgeous grape on the piece of whisper white and then die cut the oval and adhere it to the card front with dimensionals.

Stamp a sentiment on the whisper white layer for the inside if required and adhere it in place.

Stamp a sentiment on the 1" strip towards the right hand side and then adhere it to the card front by tucking it underneath the oval.

Using sketches is a great way to restart your mojo and give you ideas.  You could make this layout in any number of different combinations, why don't you give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,

Karen XXX




 Product List

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Karen - one of my favourite images xx

    ReplyDelete