Sunday 5 December 2021

Gift Card Holders/Money Wallets

 Hi Everyone,


Today I am making gift card holders/money wallets using up scraps of dsp. We always have lots of scraps and retired designer series papers lying about, so lets use them up.  I have also used retired stamp sets and the bow punch, but you can use anything you have. Let me show you how I made them.

Materials

1 piece of card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of dsp 2 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of dsp 1" x 5 5/8" 
1 piece of dsp 3/4" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of basic white 2 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Scraps of basic white for sentiment and bow
Matching ink
Stamp set of choice
Punch of choice
Velcro dots (optional)
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Tear and tape

Instructions

On the long side score the card stock at 1" and 4 1/8", fold and burnish to make the base.

Adhere the 1" strip of dsp to the right hand edge of the inside of the card. Stamp a sentiment on the large piece of basic white and adhere next to the 1" strip of dsp.

Add one of the 2 7/8" wide strips of dsp next to the fold on the underside of the front, then add tear and tape along the two edges of the thin fold and fold to the inside to form the pocket. Add the 3/4" strip of dsp on the front of the pocket.


Add the remaining dsp to the card front.

Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of basic white and cut around it on a diaginal (see picture). Stamp a bow (or you could use a Christmas Tree of a label, anything that you like) and punch it out.  Add the sentiment on dimensionals to the card front and then add glue to one side of the bow and adhere to the card front so it overlaps the edge as shown.  You can secure the other half of the bow with a velcro dot if you want to, on some of these I have done and some I haven't.


Job done, quick and simple gift card holders/money wallets for you to gift at Christmas.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment