Saturday 11 December 2021

Ink, Stamp, Share Showcase - Stamped OSW - Tags

 Hi Everyone,





Every so often, I just like to stamp, to try out stamp sets and colour combinations and generally just play. So today I have been playing with Colour & Contour, Quiet Meadow and Lovely You stamp sets and lots of colour to make a One Sheet Wonder (inspired by Ruth Trice - Artful Stamping) not really knowing what I would do with it. Once I had finished stamping, I decided to cut it up into tags that I can pop in with orders to just say 'Thank you' and in with catalogues to say 'Hello' or even to gift away at craft fairs when people make a purchase. I always like to have a stash of things like this on hand.

Materials

1 sheet of basic white card stock
1 sheet of granny apple green card stock
Detailed Trio Punch
Scraps of bumblebee gingham ribbon
Colour & Contour stamp set
Lovely You stamp set
Quiet Meadow stamp set
In Bloom stamp set
Artistically Inked stamp set
Art Gallery stamp set
Shaded Summer stamp set
Bumblebee ink
Merry Merlot ink
Melon Mambo ink
Granny Apple Green ink
Pear Pizzazz ink
Rich Razzleberry ink
So Saffron ink
Trimmer
Multipurpose adhesive

Instructions

I had recently been watching Ruth Trice (Artful Stamping) who makes wonderful One Sheet Wonders and I was inspired to stamp across the middle of the sheet to make a sort of garland through the middle, full of flowers and leaves.

I started with the So Saffron and the large flower from Quiet Meadow and stamped in groups of two and three, some full strength and some stamped off.

Then I added the outline of the Colour & Contour flower with Merry Merlot and then filled them in, again some full strength and some stamped off.

Then I tucked in some leaves from Lovely You in Granny Apple Green and some leaves from Artistically Inked and Pear Pizzazz.

I filled in the spaces with some small flowers from Lovely You in Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo and then used the 'dottage' stamp from Colour and Contour in So Saffron, all over the white spaces in between the flowers to give some texture.

I finished off with the centre of the merry merlot flowers using bumblebee and a fill in stamp from In Bloom.

Then I cut the sheet into two inch strips along the long side and then cut those in half so each piece measured 2" x 4 1/8". Then I cut strips of granny apple green card at 2 1/4" x 4 3/8" and layered them up to make my tags.

I stamped a sentiment on each one using small sentiments from lots of different stamp sets (listed above and in the product list below).

I punched a whole with the Detailed Trio Punch for the ribbon and used scraps of bumblebee gingham ribbon to finish them off.




For step by step instructions on how to stamp something like this yourself, I recommend that you watch Artful Stamping on YouTube, Ruth has lots of tutorials and is a very talented stamper and has made some amazing designs, she always inspires me.

Once stamped, you can make tags like I have done, or bookmarks, or cut into 4 or 6 and use as card fronts, why don't you give it a try, its fun.

Please pop over and see what everyone else has been making, you are sure to be inspired.



If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X





Product List

4 comments: