Friday 17 December 2021

Bright Sentimental Swirls - One Sheet Wonder - 4 cards

Hi Everyone,


I thought that I would try some simple stamping today and have a play with the lovely new Sentimental Swirls. It's a very useful set for building up confidence with stamping two step stamps and building up pictures and patterns. It's really good for practising your stamping as well as just decorating card fronts and boxes and bags. Let me show you how I made these four cards.

 Materials

4 pieces of gorgeous grape card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 A4 sheet of basic white for stamping
4 pieces of basic white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" (for inside the cards)
Sentimental Swirls stamp set
Poppy Parade ink
Melon Mambo ink
Flirty Flamingo ink
Mango Melody ink
Daffodil Delight ink
Granny Apple Green ink
Coastal Cabana ink
Bermuda Bay ink
Pacific Point ink
Gorgeous Grape ink
Trimmer
Multipurpose adhesive
Simply Scored
Bone Folder

Instructions

Divide the sheet of A4 into 4 with a pencil and ruler.


Stamp the large swirl using gorgeous grape in all 4 sections, I have stamped so that the narrower part of the swirl is towards the centre of the sheet of A4.

Start adding outlines in all of the colours of flowers, butterlies and leaves in and around the swirl. I find it easier to do this and then add the filler stamps all at once afterwards. This takes a little bit of practice and as you can see, I'm no expert and have misaligned a few of the images. But, it doesn't matter, it doesn't have to be perfect and the more you stamp, the better you become. In some cases I have stamped the outline in a darker colour and then used a lighter one for the infill i.e. bermuda bay and coastal cabana and mango melody and daffodil delight.


Then I added the sentiments, one in each quarter of the sheet, using pacific point ink.  I then went back with a few more butterflies adding them so that they sit on the sentiments.


To make the card bases, score the gorgeous grape pieces on the long side at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish.  Then chop the A4 sheet into 4 and trim to 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" to fit the card bases and adhere in place.

Decorate the remaining pieces of basic white with stamping and adhere to the inside of the cards.

I then went back and added Irridescent Rhinestones to the centres of all the flowers, it doesn't really show on the picture but they are very pretty and sparkly.


If you have never tried anything like this, please give it a go. The worse that can happen is you wate a sheet of card and some ink and I know you have lots of that (just like me haha).

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X

Product List

1 comment: