Friday 4 December 2020

Fun Fold Friday #44 - Gorgeous Posies Dutch Barn Fold Birthday Card

 Hi Everyone,


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday and this week I have been stamping my own designer series paper with the lovely Gorgeous Posies stamp set and one of my favourite colours, Bermuda Bay.  I've made a Dutch Barn Fold card and used hand stamping, bright colours and embossing to make this card pop. Let me show you how I made it, there is a video tutorial over on my YouTube channel, just click on the link below:

Click here for the video tutorial


Materials


1 piece of card stock 5" x 11" (I've used Bermuda Bay), 2 pieces of 3" x 3 1/2" 
1 piece of silver foil 4 3/4" x 6 3/4", 1 piece 4 3/4" x 3 3/4", 2 pieces 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" 
1 piece of Whisper White card 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" and a scrap for the banner
1 piece of dsp 4 1/2" x 3 1/2" (I've stamped my own)
2 pieces of contrasting dsp 2" x 3" (Artistry Blooms)
Gorgeous Posies stamp set
Happiest of Birthdays stamp set
Stitched Rectangle dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Versamark ink
Bermuda Bay ink
Heat Tool
Silver Embossing Powder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Detailed Trio Punch
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder

Instructions


Put the long side of the largest piece of bermuda bay card to the top of the score board and score at 7", then put the two small pieces in with the 3" to the top and score at 1/2" on each piece, fold and burnish the score lines.

Add glue to the 1/2" tabs on the small pieces and adhere them to the bottom of the card base at the sides to form two doors. Line them up so that they are flush with the bottom of the card and the sides. 

Round the bottom two corners of the top flap to make the barn roof shape (see picture).

Adhere the silver foil mat inside the card, on the top flap (don't forget to round off the bottom two corners) and the two side flaps.

Stamp the large sentiment on the piece of whisper white for the inside of the card using bermuda bay ink and then adhere to the inside of the card.

Add the dsp layers to the front door flaps.

I stamped my design on half a sheet of A4 and then cut it down but you can just use the correct size for the finished card if you want. I had originally thought about putting the hand stamped dsp on the two smaller doors as well but changed my mind.

To make my design I randomly stamped the flowers (stamped off first to make the colour paler) all over the whisper white.  Then I stamped the 'dotty' bits in the centre of the flowers with Versamark and sprinkled with the embossing powder.  The I stamped the 'twiggy' bits with the Versamark and then sprinkled those with powder too.  I heat set them all at the same time with the Heat Tool, I love to watch it change, it amazes me every time.  Allow it to cool and if you have used a larger piece of card stock, then cut it down to 4 1/2" x 3 1/2" and adhere to the silver foil layer.

Stamp the sentiment on the strip of whisper white and then die cut using the stitched rectangle die.  Add to the left hand front door with dimensionals.

I hope that you like this card and will give it a try.


Here is a link to another one of these cards that I made a while ago using the Playful pets designer series paper


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy crafting,

Karen XXX



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment