Sunday 13 December 2020

Curvy Poinsettia Gift Tag

 Hi Everyone,





Today I am hopping with the Kre8tors Group for the first time, so you may have come to me from one of the other participants, if so, you are very welcome. If you are one of my regular followers, then welcome back. I have made a gift tag using up some bits and bobs that I had lying about on my craft desk, I always cut out too many when I am die cutting, there is always another one, just in case, so I end up with lots of leftovers.   Let me show you how I made it.


Materials

2 3" die cut circles (I have used real red and whisper white)
3 die cuts of the medium poinsettia flower 
1 die cut of the small poinsettia flower
2 holly leaves in green foil
1 berry stem in silver foil
A scrap of whisper white die cut with the lacy edged curvy die
Basic rhinestones
Real red ink
Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set
Poinsettia Petals stamp set
Poinsettia dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Layering circle dies
Multipurpose adhesive
Twine or ribbon
Bone folder

Instructions

As I said above, I had lots of these pieces just lying about on my desk as left overs from other projects and I hate waste so wanted to use them up.

I recently bought the curvy dies and to get used to how they cut and what they looked like, I had tried them out several times just using whisper white card stock.  I had this funny shaped piece left so I adhered it to the real red circle and then trimmed off the remainder from behind.

Then I stamped the 'No Peeking' in real red in the widest part of the whisper white section to see how much space I would have for my flower.

The space wasn't enough to use the largest of the poinsettia flowers, so I have used three of the medium ones, and then one of the smaller ones,  layered up with the petals offset to make a fuller looking flower. I adhered these layers together with wet glue.  

Then I curled the petals with a bone folder, some going up and some going down to add texture and interest.

I added two green foil holly leaves to the back using dimensionals to give a bit more of a 3D look and then added the whole flower to the right hand side of the circle making sure that the petal didn't cover up the words.

Then I tucked in the berry twig under the flower and secured with wet glue.





To match the curvy theme, I used a shaped sentiment from the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set and stamped in real red ink on the whisper white circle.

















I then tied the two together with some twine and added some bling to the centre of the flower and dotted a couple more on the tag itself.

I hope that you like my gift tag and will give it a try, it doesn't need to be just for Christmas, if you use different colours, it could be for a birthday, wedding, anniversary, any sort of celebration, just change the sentiment.

Please pop over to the next blog and hop your way through these inspiring projects from some very talented crafters.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like-minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

 

Happy Crafting,

 

Karen XXX

Product List 

12 comments:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous tag! I love how you put two circles together for this so it's easy to write the message. Thanks so much for hopping with us and sharing your fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome gift tag, Karen! I'm crazy about Poinsettias. Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever design - gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!! I like that you created something so nice out of some leftovers, we all have those little piles of left overs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the double tag, really lovely, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete