Saturday 19 November 2022

Penguin Gift Card Holder - Stamping With Friends Blog Hop - CASE a Demonstrator

 Hi Everyone,






For this blog hop, I am CASEing a project from the lovely Wendy Cranford. I don't have the same stamp sets and papers that she used so I have used the idea and put it with the Penguin and the In-Colour dsp instead, I've also tweaked the measurements.  You can see Wendy's original video on the link below:

Wendy Cranford

Materials

1 piece of thick white card 4 1/8" x 5 7/8", 1 piece 4 1/4" x 9"
1 piece of dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", 1 piece 2 7/8" x 3", 1 piece 2 3/4" x 4"
Scraps of  basic black and white for stamping, silver foil for the stars
Penguin Place stamp set
Framed & Festive stamp set
Memento Black ink
Pumpkin pie ink
Real red ink
Early espresso ink
Penguin Builder Punch
Starlit Punch
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the longer piece of thick white at 3" and 6" and fold and burnish into a Z fold.

Adhere the largest piece of dsp to the large white base.

Stamp a sentiment on the 3rd section of the Z for the inside of the gift card, stamp a smaller sentiment on a scrap for the front. 

Punch out the penguin outer body from the black card and then the inner body from white. Stamp eyes, red Rudolf nose and bow tie and feet on this and adhere to the black piece.  Stamp the antlers using early espresso and fussy cut them out and add to the back of the head.

Use a die or a punch or something round to cut a piece from the smaller piece of dsp so that you can get access to the gift card easier (see picture) and add a very thin bead of glue around the bottom 3 sides of this piece and adhere to the middle section of the Z.


Add the remaining dsp to the front section of the Z and adhere the whole thing to the centre of the large mat (see picture above).

Add the penguin and the sentiment and then punch out some tiny stars and add to finish it off.

I hope you like my cute gift card holder, don't forget to check out Wendy's original one using the Scottie Dog.

Please pop over and see what everyone else has been making too.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, follow me on Facebook or sign up for a copy of my Weekly Newsletter (emailed out every Monday morning and link copied to my Facebook Pages).

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

f you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,

Karen


Product List

7 comments: