Friday 18 November 2022

Fitting Florets Fun Fold Birthday Card - Fun Fold Friday

 Hi Everyone,



Today I have made a pretty fun fold card using the gorgeous Fitting Florets Suite, such pretty dsp, lovely sentiments and great dies, I really like it. I'm not really sure what the proper name for this fun fold is, I've made it before and called it a V W card but I've also seen it called a Pop Out. Whatever it's called, I really like it and it's great for showing off designer series papers.

Materials

 1 piece of night of navy card 5 7/8" x 11 1/2", 1 piece 5" x 3 1/2", 1 piece 2 1/4" x 3 1/4"
1 piece of basic white card 2 1/4" x 3 1/4", 1 piece 2" x 3"
1 piece of dsp 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", 4 pieces 1 1/2" x 5 1/2", 1 piece 2" x 3"
Scraps of basic white, night of navy and balmy blue for stamping and die cuts
Framed Florets stamp set
Framed Florets dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Night of navy ink
Balmy blue ink
Iridescent pearls
Blender Pen
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder

Instructions

On the long side score the navy card at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 5 1/4" and 7", fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the dsp to all sections of the card and to the small navy mat.


Stamp a sentiment on the larger piece of basic white and add to the front of the smaller card (remember this is going to be stuck in the opposite way to usual). Add glue to the underside of the smaller card along the front edge and adhere in place on the front fold (see pictures) so that it sits centrally on the folded card.  Open out and add glue to the underside of the back section and fold closed. Add the remaining basic white to this back section to write your message.


Add the mat with the dsp to the inside of the card so that it lies directly behind the V section you have just added and can't be seen when the card is closed.


Stamp some flowers on a scrap of white using navy ink. Colour then in using the balmy blue ink and a blender pen or if you have them you can use the Stampin' Blends.


Die cut two sets of leaves.


Add the flowers and leaves to the front sentiment section as in the picture and add some pearls for the centres of the flowers and I've added one to the 'i' too.







I hope that you like my card and will have a go at it yourself, it's quite easy and very pretty.

Please pop over and see what Victoria has made this week too.



If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, follow me on Facebook or sign up for a copy of my Weekly Newsletter (emailed out every Monday morning and link copied to my Facebook Pages).

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

f you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,

Karen


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment