Sunday 17 April 2022

Shaded Summer - New Horizons - Share it on a Sunday - Embossing

 Hi Everyone,





This week's these for Share it on a Sunday is 'Embossing'. I love heat embossing, it doesn't matter how often I do it, it still seems like magic.  For my card,  I've combined heat embossing with some dry embossing and used some of the retiring In-Colours 2020-2022. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of misty moonlight card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4",  piece 3 1/4" x 4 1/4"
1 piece of basic white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of dsp (New Horizons) 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Stitched So Sweetly dies
Gingham Embossing Folder
Basics Embossing Powders
Heat Tool
Versamark
Shaded Summer Stamp set
Blue adhesive backed gems
Scraps of ribbon in magenta madness, bumblebee and misty moonlight for the bow
Just Jade ink
Misty Moonlight ink
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Take Your Pick Tool
Mini glue dots

Instructions

On the long side score the misty moonlight card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Run the dsp through the machine in the Gingham Embossing Folder and then adhere to the card front.

Stamp the flower and the sentiment on the remaining misty moonlight card using Versamark ink and then sprinkle with white embossing powder and set with the heat tool.  Then die cut with the largest rectangle in the Stitched So Sweetly dies.

Adhere this layer to the card front using dimensionals. Tie a bow with the 3 colours of ribbon together and then add to the card using several mini glue dots. (This ribbon is retired but it's the only ribbon I have left in the in colours and I wanted to use them up but you could use whatever you have.)


Stamp a sentiment in misty moonlight on the basic white card and add some just jade leaves, then adhere to the inside of the card.


Sprinkle some blue adhesive backed gems and the card is complete. I hope that you like it.  Please pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made too.


Donna Lester

Victoria Littlewood

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X



Product List

1 comment: