Wednesday 20 April 2022

New Horizons Simple Panel Card

 Hi Everyone,




Today I needed a quick, unfussy birthday card for a friend who doesn't like flowers or cute cards so I thought I would bring out the New Horizons. I have seen lots of vertical panel cards using this dsp and they look amazing, but today I didn't have time and wanted something really easy. Let me show you how I made this card - it would make a great masculine card or a sympathy or get well or just thinking of you card I think.

Materials

1 piece of blackberry bliss card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scrap 3/4" x 3 1/2" for the sentiment
1 piece of basic white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", scrap 1/2" x 3" for the sentiment
1 piece of dsp 5 3/8" x 3 5/8"
Blackberry bliss ink
Artistically Inked stamp set
Trimmer
Multipurpose adhesive
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the blackberry bliss at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Cut the dsp lengthways at 2", then trim this piece in two at 3 1/4". Cut the other piece at 2 1/8". You will now have 2 long panels and 2 short panels. Arrange them on the card front as shown in the picture.

Stamp a sentiment on the 1/2" strip of white and then layer up on the 3/4" strip of blackberry bliss and add to the centre of the card on dimensionals.

Stamp a sentiment on the remaining piece of basic white and add to the inside of the card.

Wasn't that quick and easy? Give it a try.  You could do it with all sorts of dsp, it's a basic layout that can be adapted as you want.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment