Saturday 9 April 2022

Hand Penned Faux Centre Step Card - Ink, Stamp, Share Showcase

 Hi Everyone,





I'm hopping today with the Ink, Stamp, Share group and I've made a Faux Centre Step Card. I saw Kelly Acheson make it a while ago on her YouTube channel. I thought I would give it a try and use up some of the Hand-Penned designer series paper that I have as it will soon retire and there will be lots of new goodies to play with. I teamed it with the Shaded Summer stamp set for a pretty thank you card.

Materials

1 piece of mint macaron card stock 4 1/4" x 10", 1 piece 2 3/4" x 8 1/2", 1 piece 1" x 2 1/2"
1 piece of basic white 3/4" x 2 1/4", 1 piece 3 1/4" x 4"
1 piece dsp 2 1/2" x 5 1/4", 1 piece 1 1/4" x 4", 2 pieces 3/4" x 3 1/4", 1 piece 3 1/4" x 4"
Highland Heather ink
Iridescent rhinestones
Piece of Highland Heather 1/2" ribbon
Mini glue dots
Dimensionals
Multipurpose adhesive
Shaded Summer stamp set
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder

Instructions

On the long side score the largest piece of mint macaron at 3 1/2", 7" and 8 1/2" and the smaller piece at 3", fold and burnish to make the base and the centre panel (see picture).


Add the small pieces of dsp to the sides and the front piece as seen in the picture.  Add the dsp to the centre panel. 

Now adhere this centre panel in place centrally on the front and on the back (see picture).  Adhere the remaining dsp over the join on the back of the card.


Stamp a sentiment on the small piece of white card in highland heather ink and stamp the leaf image over the top in mint macaron but stamp it off once to make it paler.  Adhere this strip to the mint macaron strip, add dimensionals to the back and add to the card front at the side as shown in the picture.

Stamp a sentiment and some leaves on the remaining piece of white card and add to the inside of the card.




Tie a small bow with the ribbon and add to the card front at the side of the sentiment as shown using mini glue dots. Add some of the rhinestones and the card is complete.

I hope that you like my card, please pop over and see what everyone else has made too.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X



Product List

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Karen, so going to miss this gorgeous dsp x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of my favorite fun folds - thank you for sharing your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Karen,love this paper, I am also going to miss it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently this is one of my favourite funfold Card Shapes! Very pretty with this DSP!

    ReplyDelete