Saturday 23 April 2022

Pretty Pansy Flower Card - Ink, Stamp, Share Blog Hop - Colour Challenge

 Hi Everyone,



The theme for this blog hop is a Colour Challenge and happens to be some of my very favourite colours, really bright and cheerful. I thought now that Spring is here I would bring out the lovely Pansy dies too as I haven't used them in a while. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of thick basic white 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
Scraps of basic white to die cut 3 of the 2nd largest hexagons
1 piece of granny apple green card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Scraps of melon mambo, so saffron and granny apply green for the die cuts
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Gingham Embossing Folder
Pansy Dies
Beautiful Shapes Dies
Scrap of black & White gingham ribbon
Brushed Brass Butterflies
Gilded Gems
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Take Your Pick Tool
Multipurpose Adhesive
Dimensionals
Pansy Patch stamp set
Granny Apple Green ink
Melon Mambo ink
Mini Glue Dots

Instructions

On the long side, score the thick white card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to mke the card base.

Run the granny apple green layer through the machine in the Gingham Embossing Folder ads then adhere to the card front.

Die cut 3 white hexagons, 2 sets of leaves (there are two layers) and 2 sets of pansies, one in melon mambo and one in so saffron. I have mixed and matched the pieces to give the two colour effect (see picture).

Stamp a sentiment in melon mambo ink across one of the hexagons and then adhere them to the card front as shown  Stamp a sentiment on the inside of the card using the granny apple green ink.


Layer up the flowers, adding the opposite colour trims to the basic petals (see picture above). Adhere the detailed tops to the leaves.  Arrange the flowers on dimensionals over the top of the hexagons and tuck the leaves in underneath them.

Make a bow with the gingham ribbon and add to the sentiment hexagon with mini glue dots.  Add gilded gems to the centres of the flowers and add some butterflies too.

I hope that you like my pretty card. Please pop over and see what everyone else has made, you are sure to be inspired, I always am.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X


 Product List

2 comments: