Thursday 14 April 2022

In Bloom Birthday Card - Stampin' Dreams - Scraps

Hi Everyone,




I'm hopping today with the Stampin' Dreams group and the theme is 'Scraps'. I had a lot of bits of coloured card and wanted to play with the Pierced Blooms dies as they are retiring soon. I love making cards with these dies, they are so pretty, I'm really going to miss them but I'm sure there will be something equally gorgeous coming in the new catalogue that I will love just as much.

Materials

1 piece of bermuda bay card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
2 pieces of basic white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Scraps of bermuda bay, polished pink, daffodil delight, granny apple green to make the flowers
Polished Pink ink
In Bloom stamp set
Pierced Bloom dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Take Your Pick Tool
Brushed Brass Butterflies
Iridescent Rhinestones
Blue adhesive backed gems
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the bermuda bay card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Die cut a selection of flowers and leaves with the dies.  Arrange the flowers on a piece of white card and when you are happy with the arrangement, adhere them in place, I have used multipurpose adhesive and dimensionals to give some dimension to the card front.

Stamp a sentiment in the bottom right hand corner of the white card in polished pink ink and then adhere this layer to the card front. If you are worried about stamping, you should do this before you arrange the flowers (I was lucky and it worked out fine).

I've used a combination of iridescent rhinestones and blue adhesive backed gems for flower centres on some of the flowers and then added 3 butterflies (I love these).

Stamp another sentiment on the remaining piece of card and add to the inside of the card.

Card done! A quick and easy card to make with a handful of scraps.

Please pop over and see what everyone else has made, you are sure to be inspired.



If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X



Product List

9 comments:

  1. What a great way to use scraps! I have lots of those flowers to use as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Card Karen - Love the colour combo, so bright!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is very bright and cheery! Love the way you used scraps with those flower dies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bright and happy card Karen, I am going to miss these dies x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for the lovely comments xx

    ReplyDelete