Sunday 17 October 2021

Share it on a Sunday - Hand Cream Treat Boxes

 Hi Everyone,


Share it on a Sunday this week is all about treat boxes and I decided to make one for a tube of hand cream that I want to gift to my Grandaughter as part of her birthday treats. She is just turning 13 and starting to discover make up and nail varnish so I've bought her a few little bits to try out. I've used the Whimsy & Wonder dsp and the Pretty Pillow Box dies for this and my prototype was a Christmas one with the Peaceful Prints dsp.

Materials

1 piece of card stock 5 1/2" x 7 1/4"
2 pieces of dsp 1 3/8" x 4 1/8", 2 pieces 7/8" x 4 1/8"
Scraps of card stock and foil for tags and decoration
Pretty Pillow Box dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Dimensionals
Ink to match the card stock
Penguin Place stamp set
Multipurpose adhesive

Instructions

On the long side score the card stock at 1/2", 1 1/2", 5 3/4" and 6 3/4". On the short side, score at 1/2", 1 1/2", 3", 4". Fold and burnish all the score lines.

Cut as per the template in the picture and round off the corners on the lid that tucks in.


Add the dsp pieces.

Add the glue to the long tab and then fold the other side over to line up along the score line to close the sides of the box.

Fold in the tabs around the bottom and glue in place. Fold in the tabs around the top and the basic box is done, you can now decorate in any way that you like, for any occasion.

Die cut several sets of the flowers from the pretty pillow box dies in matching colours. I've used blushing bride and silver foil and the box is mint macaron. I changed my mind about the dsp I was going to use, in hindsight, I think I should have changed the flowers to match. Layer up the flowers and add a rhinestone to the centre.

Die cut the small tag from the Pretty pillow box dies and stamp the sentiment, add to the box and stick a flower over the hole in the tag.

I hope that you like my little boxes and will give them a try.  Please pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made this week.

Donna Lester


Victoria Littlewood

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X



Product List

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jane for all your lovely comments every day, I really appreciate them xx

      Delete