Friday 1 October 2021

Christmas Parcel Card - Gingerbread & Peppermint - Scrap busting

 Hi Everyone,


I'm scrap busting again, using up all the last little bits of my Be Dazzling card and the Gingerbread and Peppermint dsp to make a pretty card with lots of star shaped balloons attached to it.  A special card for a special person perhaps? This could easily be a birthday card or a celebration card for any event. I saw the idea on Pinterest but there was no name attached to it so I can't credit anyone.  It's really simple to make, let me show you how.

Materials

1 piece of real red card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of Be Dazzling card (or foil card) 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of basic white card 3 5/8" x 5 3/8", 1 piece 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Scraps of Gingerbread & Peppermint dsp and Be Dazzling card
Penguin Place stamp set
Real Red ink
Starlit Punch
Pierced Bloom dies
Pretty Pillow Box dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Real Red Stampin' Blend - dark
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder

Instructions

On the long side score the real red card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base. Adhere the be dazzling mat layer.

Cut a piece of the Gingerbread & Peppermint dsp to 2 1/2" x 2 1/4" for the parcel and place it on the smaller piece of basic white, where you want the parcel to be and draw around it lightly in pencil. 

With the Stampin' Blend pen and a ruler, draw several lines of different lengths coming out of the top of the box, these will represent the strings. Then rub out the pencil lines and adhere the dsp parcel in place.

Punch out several sets of the stars in two contrasting dsp patterns as well as the Be Dazzling card and arrange them on the strings. I've adhered some with glue and the rest are on dimensionals.

Die cut the bow from the Pierced Bloom dies and the label from the Pretty Pillow Box dies and cut a strip of the Be Dazzling that is the same height as the parcel and approx 1/4" wide. Adhere the strip in the centre of the parcel and then add the bow to the top with a mini dimensional.  

Stamp the sentiment on the label in real red ink and then adhere in place on the parcel, I've also added a couple of the small stars to the parcel too.

Stamp a sentiment on the remaining piece of basic white and decorate with more stars (if you link) and adhere inside the card.


I hope that you like my pretty card and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment