Wednesday 3 March 2021

Vine Design Mother's Day Card

 Hi Everyone,


Today I have been making Mother's Day cards with the lovely Vine Design Bundle.  The blue one I made as a commission for a friend and the other I made in the video tutorial (click on the link below).  On reflection, looking at them together, I think I should have made the flowers from Gorgeous Grape instead of Highland Heather, it would have made the flowers pop more.

https://youtu.be/Np6QQoZXEuY

Materials

1 piece of highland heather card stock 5 3/4" x 11 1/2" and 1 piece 5 1/4" square
1 piece of gorgeous grape card stock 5 1/2" square
1 piece of basic white card stock 5 1/2" square
Scraps of white, gorgeous grape and highland heather
Gorgeous grape ink
Vine Design stamp set
Happiest of Birthdays stamp set
Timeless Tulips stamp set
Flowering Vines dies
Stitched So Sweetly dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Take a Pick Tool
Basic pearls
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Small Bloom Punch

Instructions

On the long side, score the highland heather card at 5 3/4" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Using the large leaf image in the Vine Design stamp set, randomly stamp all over the other piece of highland heather card stock, I have stamped off once each time for a lighter effect.

Adhere the gorgeous grape mat layer to the card front and then add this stamped layer leaving a small border all around the edges. In the blue sample, I have added this layer to the card front on dimensionals, in the video, I have glued it but its up to you.

Stamp a sentiment on the basic white card for the inside of the card  (I have used Happiest of Birthdays) and adhere it in place.

Die cut the circular vine die and two of the smallest rectangles for the sentiment.  Stamp a sentiment on the smallest white one (I have used Timeless Tulips) and then layer on to the gorgeous grape mat.

Adhere the vine die cut to the top centre of the stamped layer.

Punch out 8 small flowers with the small bloom punch. In the video I have used highland heather, if I was doing it again, I would use gorgeous grape.  Shape each flower in the palm of your hand by pressing the take a pick tool or a pencil or something into the centre of it.

Add the flower with mini dimensionals over the top of the flowers in the die cut, offsetting the petals so that you can see the white ones poking out underneath.

Add a pearl to the centre of each flower.

Fix the sentiment in place beneath the arrangement using more dimensionals and add some tiny pearls to each corner.

There you are, a pretty Mother's Day card but it could be used for any occasion and in any colour, the choice is yours, I hope that you like the idea.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Free Tutorial Bundle

I have joined together with a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the world to compile a selection of 38 tutorials to give to my customers.  The Tutorial Bundle comes as a PDF file complete with pictures and instructions for all of the projects.  You can get this great resource FREE with any order over £10.



Happy Crafting,


Karen X





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment