Tuesday 16 March 2021

Pretty Perennial Flowers For Every Season Bookbinding Fold Card

 Hi Everyone,


Today I am sharing a card that I made for a swap recently. The theme was 'Fun Fold Card' and I thought I would combine one of the designer series papers from the Annual Catalogue and a stamp set from the January-June Mini Catalogue.  I have used the Flowers for Every Season dsp and the pretty Perennials stamp set with a favourite die set and a favourite punch. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of misty moonlight card stock 4 1/8" x 11 1/2"
1 piece of dsp 4 3/8" x 4", 1 piece 7/8" x 4"
1 piece of basic white 4 3/8" x 4"
Scraps of dsp to punch butterflies
Scraps of misty moonlight and basic white card for the rectangles
Pretty Perennial stamp set
Stitched So Sweetly dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss Machine
Misty moonlight ink
Bumblebee ink
Basic pearls
Snail Mail Twine Combo Pack
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals


Instructions

On the long side, score the misty moonlight card at 5 3/4" and 6 3/4" and fold in half and burnish and then fold the other one back on itself - this bit will be glued together later to form the book binding element.

Adhere the dsp mat layers to the front and the spine section.

Wrap the twine around the spine piece twice so that is crosses over and so that when you adhere the two sections together it will be trapped between the layers.  

Die cut two rectangles using the misty moonlight and the basic white so that one will sit on top of the other.

Stamp the sentiment on the white layer using the misty moonlight ink, then decorate with a couple of small flowers and add to the card front with dimensionals.  

Stamp some flowers on the remaining piece of white card stock and adhere on the inside of the card. I've also added a strip of matching dsp as well.

Punch out two small butterflies (I have used one of the other sheets from the paper pack) and add to the sentiment mat. Decorate the small flowers and the butterflies with pearls

There you are a very quick and simple fun fold card. 

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Free Tutorial Bundle

I have joined together with a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the world to compile a selection of 38 tutorials to give to my customers.  The Tutorial Bundle comes as a PDF file complete with pictures and instructions for all of the projects.  You can get this great resource FREE with any order over £10.



Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX



Product List

5 comments: