Saturday 20 March 2021

True Love Fold Flat Box

Hi Everyone,





I am hopping with the InspireINK Group today and we are making boxes. I have made a monochromatic fold flat box with just a pop of red I've used the partial floral images from around the edges of the dsp.


Materials

Basic black card stock 7 ½” x 8 ½” and a scrap for the sentiment layer

Scrap of basic white card stock for the sentiment

Real red double edged satin ribbon to wrap around the box

Oval occasions stamp set

Double Oval punch

Scrap of True love dsp to fussy cut the flowers

Paper snips

Real red ink 

Detailed trio punch

Multipurpose adhesive

Trimmer

Scoreboard

Bone folder

Mini glue dots


Instructions


Score the basic black card on the shorter side at 1 ¼”, 3 ¼”, 4 ½” and 6 ½”.

Score on the longer side at ¾”, 2”, 6 ½” and 7 ¾”.

Fold and burnish all the score lines.

Cut as in the template picture and make the diagonal scores in the small square panels as shown, then round off the corners with the detailed trio punch.


This box can be made as a fold flat box if you want by adding glue to the sections marked with an X on the template. However, I wanted to tuck the lid into the box on mine because of the decoration so I glued the diagonal pieces together and folded them inside the box.


Fussy cut some of the partial floral images from around the outer edges of the designer series paper and adhere them to the box lining up the edge of the pieces with the edges of the box as shown. You could colour these images but I wanted my box to be monochromatic.


Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of whisper white using real red ink and then punch out and layer up on a scalloped layer punched out of basic black card.

Tie some real red ribbon around the box and tie with a bow.

Tuck the label under the bow and adhere in place with a glue dot.

I hope that you like my box.

Please visit the other projects in the hop, you are sure to be inspired.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X


 

Product List

15 comments: