Thursday 7 May 2020

Ornate Garden Storage Caddy for 6 x 6 paper stacks

Hi Everyone,


In the new catalogue there will be 9 different lots of designer series paper that are 6" x 6", several of them being the In Colours and Brights, Regals, Neutrals and Subtles paper stacks.  Once I have opened them I always get them mixed up so this year I am going to be organised and make a holder I can keep on my shelf to keep them all tidy.  It uses up quite a lot of card stock to make this holder but I had lots of 12 x 12 card stock in colours that I don't really use so it was a good way of using up my stash.  This holder matches the ribbon holder that I made too, see picture below.

Materials

18 pieces of card stock measuring 6" x 7 1/2" (you need 2 for each holder)
1 piece 12" x 12" card stock for the box
For the box decoration - 4 pieces of card stock 6 1/4" x 2 1/2" and 4 pieces of dsp 6" x 2 1/4"
Multipurpose adhesive
Tear and tape/red line tape
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
paper snips


Instructions

Score each piece of card at 1/2" on 2 short sides and 1 long one and fold and burnish.

Lay a piece face down on the table and mark along the top edge 3" from the left hand score line and then 3" up from the bottom score line on the right hand side. Draw a diagonal line between the two points and cut off the corner.

Lay this piece face down on the wrong side of the other piece and trace the diagonal line, cut off that corner so you have a pair.  Cut up the tabs along the bottom of each piece, remove both small squares on one piece and mitre the ones on the other piece.  Add adhesive to the side tab and glue both sections together (see picture).

Then add glue to the short tab on the other side and make up the box shape.  Fold in the bottom tabs and add adhesive to seal the bottom of the box.

Repeat 8 more times.

For the box, score the 12" x 12" on all 4 sides at 2 3/4", fold and burnish.

Cut up the score lines to the horizontal score on 2 opposite sides to make the tabs.  Add strong adhesive (wet glue, tear and tape, red line tape) to the outer side of the tabs and seal on the inside of the sides of the box. This is just like any other box you would make.

To strengthen the box you can decorate the panels, I've used a card stock panel and then added dsp to make it look pretty.

This set matches a Ribbon Caddy I made a little while ago, you will find the project in the archive listing in the right hand side bar on this page:



If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

Happy Crafting,

Karen XX



Product List

3 comments:

  1. Another cracking project Karen - thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I will try to make this storage box and have it handy on my craft desk. That way I might use more of my D.S.P. instead of it laying in my draw. Thank you again. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a tutorial on YouTube?

    ReplyDelete