Tuesday 5 May 2020

Colour Challenge One Sheet Wonder

Hi Everyone,

Today I have been playing with a couple of stamp sets that I have only just bought: Very Versailles and Beautiful Friendship.  I made it for a colour challenge using Old Olive, Lovely Lipstick, Blushing Bride and Gorgeous Grape.  Let me show you what I did.

Materials

3 sheets of A4 whisper white (makes 4 cards)
1 piece of card stock 5 3/4" x 4" in each of old olive, lovely lipstick, blushing bride and gorgeous grape.
Scraps of whisper white and all four colours for the sentiment layers.
Old olive ink
Lovely lipstick ink
Blushing bride ink
Gorgeous grape ink
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Stitched So Sweetly dies
Die cutting machine
Trimmer
Bone folder
Simply scored
Very Versailles stamp set
Beautiful Friendship stamp set

Instructions

I knew that I wanted to make four cards from this One Sheet Wonder so I decided to stamp my design in the corners so I would also have some white space too.

I started with the trailing leaves from Very Versailles in old olive coming out from each corner in full strength old olive.

Then I stamped the large flower from Beautiful Friendship in gorgeous grape, I stamped off once on some scrap paper as I didn't want the image to be dark.

Then I used lovely lipstick to stamp the small flower from Beautiful Friendship once in full strength and then again for a second generation stamp.

Then I used the script stamp from Very Versailles in blushing bride over the top.

I then cut the one sheet wonder into four pieces 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" for my card fronts.

Cut the A4 sheets of whisper white in half at 5 7/8" and fold and burnish to make a landscape tent fold card.

Add one of the coloured mats to the front and then add one of the stamped layers on the top of that.

Stamp the sentiment in each of the four colours and cut out with the smallest die and then die cut one of each colour from the next size up.  Glue the two together and add to the card front in the top corner matching the card mat with the sentiment mat colour.

I'm really pleased with how these turned out and it didn't take long, have a go, you might surprise yourself.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

Happy Crafting,

Karen XX

Product List

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous cards and love the soft colours too xx

    ReplyDelete