Sunday 17 July 2022

Spotlight on a Wonderful World - Share it on a Sunday

 Hi Everyone,



The theme this week is 'Spotlight' and I think I have probably very loosely interpreted this theme. I've just received my order and I had chosen the Wonderful World stamp set and designer series papers as one of my FREE Sale-a-bration items this time and it is so beautiful. The floral images are incredible and reminded me of the images in old botanical books and I wanted to recreate that look and shine a 'Spotlight' on the flowers and I have made two versions. I think these would make a great set of cards to gift to someone who loves gardening.

Materials

1 piece of pear pizzazz (orchid oasis) card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of old olive (night of navy) card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
2 pieces of basic white (for each card) 3 5/8" x 5 3/8"
Wonderful World dsp for fussy cutting
Paper snips
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
So Saffron ink
Blending Brushes
Old olive (night of navy) ink
True Beauty stamp set
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone folder

Instructions

On the long side score the pear pizzazz (orchid oasis) card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Fussy cut the floral images from the dsp.

On the green version, I adhered the image directly to the white card but thought it looked a little stark. So, for the blue version, I lightly blended some so saffron ink over the centre of the white card before adding the image. I think this gives it a vintage look and I like this one much better.

Stamp the sentiment at the bottom right of the piece with the image in ink to match the mat layer. Adhere this layer to the coloured mat and then add to the card front using dimensionals.

Add a sentiment to the remaining piece of white and adhere to the inside of the card.

Which one do you like best?

Please pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made too:


Donna Lester

Victoria Littlewood

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to my Weekly Newsletter.

New Class in the Mail


Click on the link in the side bar for more details.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This group is a collaboration with Taffy Crafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we would love you to join us.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X

Product List

1 comment:

  1. Like them both but the 2nd one best. Your fussy cutting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete