Thursday 10 March 2022

Flowering Tulips Bookbinding Card - Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop

 Hi Everyone,



Today I am hopping with the lovely Stampin' Dreams group and the theme is 'Florals' and I have chosen to make a cute fun fold card using the gorgeous Flowering Fields dsp and the Flowering Tulip stamp set and dies. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of pumpkin pie card stock 4 1/8" x 11 1/2"
1 piece of basic white card 3 7/8" x 4 1/2", scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of dsp 3 7/8" x 4 1/2", 1 piece 3/4" x 3 7/8"
Scraps of pumpkin pie and mango melody card for the die cuts
Pumpkin pie ink
Mango Melody ink
Old Olive ink
Memento Black ink
Flowering Tulip stamp set
Tulip dies
Tasteful Label dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Mini Glue Dots
Simply Elegant Trim
Brushed Brass Butterflies

Instructions

Score the card on the long side at 5 3/4" and 6 3/4", fold in half on the 5 3/4" fold and then fold the other one back on itself to make the 'book' fold.

Adhere the dsp to both sections of the front of the card.

Wrap some of the gold elegant trim around the card at the fold side and tie in a bow and secure with mini glue dots.  

Adhere this thin section to the back of the card by adding glue on the inside between the centre fold and the front fold, this will secure the trim in place.

Stamp a tulip and some leaves in the bottom left hand corner of the basic white piece and adhere to the inside of the card.


Die cut two tulips from the scraps of card and put them together using mini glue dots. Die cut a label from the Tasteful Label dies in white card.

Stamp a sentiment on the label and attach to the card front in the bottom right.  Add the tulips at the side of the sentiment and then add a butterfly too.

I do hope that you like my fun fold card. Please pop over and see what everyone else has made too.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X


Product List

10 comments:

  1. I love bookbinding cards and combined with these pretty papers, you are on to a winner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! That's my favourite DSP and colour combination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Karen, love this dsp x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stampin' Up! gave us the best DSP! Love how you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. I love this fun fold! And, great use of the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done!! If I didn't already own this bundle, this card would definitely make me get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, I love your card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Karen, love the fold :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bookbinding card and beautiful dsp x

    ReplyDelete