Wednesday 30 March 2022

Floating Circle with New Horizons and Kite Delight

 Hi Everyone,


Today I am trying a technique that I've wanted to try for a long time, the floating image using acetate. I've watched a few videos and thought I would have a go myself. I've used the beautiful New Horizons dsp and the Kite Delight stamp set.

Materials

1 piece of thick basic white card 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
Scraps of New Horizon dsp cut into thin strips
Scrap of basic white card for stamping
1 piece of acetate approx 4" square
Multipurpose adhesive
Paper snips
Dimensionals
Layering circle dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blends
Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends
Memento Black Ink
Kite Delight stamp set
Misty Moonlight ink
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder


Instructions

On the long side score the thick white card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

Now I am not sure if this is the best way to do this, but this is how I made the floating element:

I die cut a 3" circle from the acetate first.

Then I started adding the strips of dsp, I used multipurpose adhesive, just a very thin line and then added the dsp, a strip at a time, leaving a small gap between each layer until I had covered the circle. I chose the dark blue because I thought it looked a bit like the sky.  When I had covered the circle, I used the paper snips to trim around the circle. Then I added dimensionals on the back, behind the strips of dsp so they couldn't be seen and added the circle to the front of my card.

Stamp one of the kites and a tail on the scrap of white and colour them in with the blends and then fussy cut them with the paper snips and add dimensionals to the back.

Stamp a sentiment in the bottom left side of the card front and one on the inside using the misty moonlight ink.

Add the kite and the tail to the card front as shown.

I hope you like my card and will give this technique a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X

Product List

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and I love the contrast colour of the kite x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea on the width of each of the strips. They look varied. Tyia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are varied I just chopped a piece of paper, didn’t measure them

      Delete