Monday 14 March 2022

Floral In Colours

 Hi Everyone,


Today I've been stamping my own designer series paper. I wanted to use a mix of old and newer stamp sets and give the soon to be retiring In-Colours an outing, I am so going to miss 4 out of 5 of these colours (those who follow me know that I really don't like the 5th one which is Cinnamon Cider). I've also used some of the In-Colour ribbons (now retired) but I had a little bit left so thought - why not? Let me tell you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of Misty Moonlight card 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of Bumblebee card 4" x 5 3/4"
2 pieces of basic white card 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" (I trimmed the stamped one down a little to give a larger border after I had stamped it), scrap for the sentiment
Scrap of Just Jade card for the sentiment
Bumblebee ink
Magenta Madness ink
Misty Moonlight ink
Just Jade ink
Painted Poppies stamp set
Quiet Meadow stamp set
Flowing Flowers stamp set
Scraps of Magenta Madness, Bumblebee and Misty Moonlight ribbon
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Dimensionals
Mini Glue Dots

Instructions

Score the misty moonlight card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make the card base.

I first stamped three outline poppies in the centre of the basic white layer and then filled them in with the filler stamp in bumblebee.

Add single leaves and then the leaf sprig in just jade coming from between each flower. (All Painted Poppies stamp set).

Then I used the small cluster from Flowing Flowers to stamp some magenta madness flowers around the edges.

Then I used the tiny flower from Quiet Meadow to fill in the gaps between the poppies in misty moonlight.

There is a large splatter stamp in Quiet Meadow and I used that all over the design in bumblebee to add some texture. Then I used the small splodge from Painted Poppies in just jade to add a little more colour to the single leaves and around the edges. 

I trimmed a little off all four sides of this piece so that I would have a larger bumblebee border when I put the card together.

Adhere the stamped piece to the bumblebee mat and wrap a piece of the magenta madness ribbon around it about 1 1/2" from the bottom and secure on the back with some sticky tape. Then adhere this piece to the card front.

Using misty moonlight ink I stamped a sentiment from Flowing Flowers on the scrap of white and layered it on to a scrap of just jade and added over the ribbon on the right hand side with dimensionals.

Then I tied a double bow with the misty moonlight and bumblebee ribbon and added it to the side of the sentiment with mini glue dots.

Stamp a sentiment on the remaining white layer (I also used the small flowers again in magenta madness) and add to the inside of the card.


I hope that you like my pretty card. Will you miss any of these colours?

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X
Product List

1 comment: