Tuesday 8 March 2022

Pansy Petals Gatefold Card

 Hi Everyone,


Today I thought I would bring out an old favourite - Pansy Petals dsp and Pansy Patch stamp set and make a pretty, Spring like gatefold card. I love the Spring, I think it's possibly my favourite season, I love the promise of what is to come. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of soft succulent card 5 7/8" x 8", 1 piece 2 3/4" x 4 1/4"
1 piece of basic white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", 1 piece 2 1/4" x 3 1/2"
4 pieces of designer series paper 1 3/4" x 5 5/8, scraps for fussy cutting
Soft succulent ink
Pansy Patch stamp set
Pansy dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Brushed Brass Butterflies
Paper Snips
Trimmer
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Simply scored
Bone Folder


Instructions

On the long side score the card at 2" from both ends, fold and burnish to make the card base.

Adhere the dsp mats to the inside and outside of the two gates.

Stamp a sentiment on the larger piece of basic white and adhere to the inside of the card. Stamp the other sentiment on the smaller piece in the top right hand corner.

Fussy cut 1 large pansy, 3 small and 2 leaves from the dsp (you can use the dies if you have them, but I just fussy cut them as I was only doing a little bit).  Adhere two of the small ones inside the card as shown in the picture.


Add dimensionals to the back of the remaining pansies and arrange on the smaller piece of white card and add the leaves tucked in underneath them. Adhere this layer to the remaining soft succulent piece, leaving a border all the way around the outside (I've used a wide border for a change).  Add this piece to the left hand gate using dimensionals.

Add some brass butterflies and the card is complete.

I hope that you like my quick and easy fun fold card.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up on the pop up form and you will get my weekly Newsletter with all the details of my latest projects and news from Stampin' Up!

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar), we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen X

Product List

1 comment: