Wednesday 20 January 2021

True Love Mothers Day Card

 Hi Everyone,




Today I am playing with the True Love designer series papers and the Timeless Tulips stamp set to make a striking Mother's Day card. I love black and white with a pop of Magenta Madness. Let me show you how I made it.

Materials

1 piece of magenta madness card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", 2 7/8" x 3 7/8"
1 piece of True Love dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", contrasting pattern 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Scrap of contrasting dsp for fussy cutting flowers
1 piece of basic white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
2" circle of basic white
2 1/4" circle basic black
Timeless Tulips stamp set
Magenta Madness ink
2" circle punch
2 1/4" circle punch
Paper snips
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the magenta card stock at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make a card base.

Adhere the largest dsp layer to the card front leaving an equal border all around the edge.
 
Adhere the smaller dsp piece to the magenta madness mat and adhere to the card front at an angle (see picture).

Fussy cut some flowers from a piece of the dsp.

Punch out the two circles and stamp the sentiment in magenta madness on the white one and layer them both together.

Add the sentiment layer to the card front at the bottom left with dimensionals and arrange one flower over hanging the top of the circle and one at the top edge of the mat layer, all on dimensionals.

Add the basic white layer to the inside and add another sentiment if you like and also another fussy cut flower.


I hope that you like my card and will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Free Tutorial Bundle

I have joined together with a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the world to compile a selection of 38 tutorials to give to my customers.  The Tutorial Bundle comes as a PDF file complete with pictures and instructions for all of the projects.  You can get this great resource FREE with any order over £10.



Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX



Product List

2 comments: