Friday 22 January 2021

One Layout Two Ways

 Hi Everyone,


Today I have made two cards using the same sized pieces but using different designer series papers. I have favourite layouts that I go back to time and time again and although the pieces are the same size, you can change it up by moving the pieces around, using different colours and dsp and you will always come up with something unique. For these cards, I have made a birthday card suitable for a male and one for a female.  Great cards to have in your stash, to use as swaps or customer thank you cards. There is also a video tutorial, click on the link below:

Video tutorial


Materials 

For both cards:

2 pieces card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4" (misty moonlight) for the card bases
2 pieces card stock 2 5/8" x 3 7/8", 2 pieces 2 3/4" square
2 pieces whisper white (basic white) card stock 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" for the insides and 2 pieces 3/4" x 2 3/4" for the sentiment
2 pieces of dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8", 2 pieces  2 3/8" x 3 5/8" and 2 pieces 2 1/2" square (I have used Well Suited and Hydrangea Hill and used 3 different patterns)
Misty Moonlight ink
Art Gallery stamp set
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone folder
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

Score the card bases on the long side at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish.

Add the largest piece of dsp centrally to the card front and then add the dsp layers to the mat layers.

Decide where each piece is going to go, play about with the layout until you are happy with it. I have adhered the larger piece directly to the card front and then added dimensionals to the smaller piece.

Stamp the sentiment on the smallest pieces of whisper white and then add these to the card front with dimensionals.

Add the remaining whisper white layers to the inside of the card, you can decorate if you like.

I hope you like the layouts and will give them a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Free Tutorial Bundle

I have joined together with a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the world to compile a selection of 38 tutorials to give to my customers.  The Tutorial Bundle comes as a PDF file complete with pictures and instructions for all of the projects.  You can get this great resource FREE with any order over £10.



Happy Crafting,


Karen XXX





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment