Thursday 4 June 2020

Wisteria on a Brick Wall - Stamping on Designer Series Paper

Hi Everyone,


I've been playing today with the In Good Taste designer series paper, shuffling it about on my table, looking for inspiration. Then into my head popped a comment made by my crafty team mate Donna Lester when I was watching her Catalogue Launch (pop over to Taffy Crafting on Facebook and have a look, she made some amazing projects). Then a picture popped into my head and I wondered if it would work.  So, here's what I did, what do you think?

There is a video tutorial for this card, just pop over to my channel, click the link below:

https://youtu.be/wp_bYjY7kMc

Materials

1 x 5 7/8" card blank (I'm using pre-scored bought one as I am waiting for my order to arrive) 
1 piece of gorgeous grape card stock 5 5/8" square (I die cut the mat for the sentiment from the middle of this)
1 piece of dsp 5 3/8" square (I used In Good Taste)
Scrap of whisper white for the sentiment
Gorgeous grape ink
Old Olive ink
Beautiful Friendship stamp set
Very Versailles stamp set
Dimnsionals
Multipurpose adhesive

Instructions

I first stamped the trailing ivy leaves in old olive from the top right hand corner along the top of the dsp and down the left hand side.

Then I stamped the wisteria stamp (I think it looks like wisteria, it could be something else entirely) along the ivy turning the paper so that the flowers were hanging in what I think is the right direction.

Stamp a sentiment on the inside of the card and I also added some flowers in the top left hand corner.

Die cut the gorgeous grape mat from the centre of the larger piece and die cut a smaller one from whisper white.

Stamp the sentiment in the centre of the whisper white layer and glue to the gorgeous grape mat.

Adhere the gorgeous grape card mat to the card front and then add the dsp to the centre of that, leaving a small border all around the edges.

Add the sentiment to the bottom right corner.

I think that the gorgeous grape card stock behind the brick wall dsp really makes the design pop, I hope that you agree and that you like it.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

Happy crafting,

Karen XX


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment