Tuesday 23 June 2020

Beautiful Friendship Colour Challenge Card

Hi Everyone,

Today I have made a card for a colour challenge using one of my most favourite stamp sets, Beautiful Friendship.  The colours are: Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green and Gorgeous Grape.  Let me show you how I made this card for a very special friend.

Materials

1 piece of Gorgeous Grape card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of Daffodil Delight 5 3/4" x 4"
1 piece of Granny Apple Green card stock 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"
2 pieces of whisper white 5 1/2" x 3 3/4"
Daffodil Delight ink
Gorgeous Grape ink
Granny Apple Green ink
Beautiful Friendship stamp set
So Sentimental stamp set
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer

Instructions

Fold the Gorgeous Grape card stock in half on the long side to make a tent fold base and burnish well.

Adhere the two coloured layers to the card front leaving a tiny border all the way around.  Add a whisper white layer to the inside of the card to write your message.

Now stamp your design on the other piece of whisper white.  I stamped the main floral image in gorgeous grape and stamped off on either side of it as well. Then I stamped the image on a post it note and cut it out to mask over the main image while I stamped the smaller flowers with the stems around the main flower in daffodil delight. I then added a few of the spikey images, again in daffodil delight and removed the mask.I used the granny apple green to add a few leaves around the edges.  Finally, I used the gorgeous grape again to add some smaller flowers on the bottom right of the layer just to balance out the design a little.

Then I stamped a sentiment from the So Sentimental stamp set using gorgeous grape in the top right corner and adhered the layer to the front of the card.

Another quick and easy #simplestamping card, I hope you will give it a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy crafting,


Karen XX



Product List

2 comments: