Monday 17 June 2019

Magnolia Lane Sampler

Hi Everyone,



Today I have something a bit different for you, a home decoration piece.  I have been part of a paper share with some of my Stampin'Up! colleagues and because we only had 6x6 pieces of dsp, I had lots of little pieces left over. What to do with them? I didn't want to make a card, so I made a sampler to go on the wall instead.  It's really easy to make and as well as the written instructions below, there is a YouTube tutorial that you can follow on my Channel, Craftykarendesigns, at

https://youtu.be/N9m25nPPAxk














Materials

1 6" x 6" shadow box frame (this one is from Hobbycraft)
1 piece of dsp 5 7/8" square
1 piece of old olive card stock  5 5/8" square
Scraps of early espresso, 5 3/8" x 1 1/2", 3" x 1 1/4", 3" x 2", 2" x 2", 2" x 1 1/4"
Scraps of petal pink, 5 1/4" x 1 3/8", 2 7/8" x 1 1/8", 2 7/8" x 1 7/8", 1 7/8" x 1 7/8", 1 7/8" x 1 1/8"
Scraps of dsp, 5 1/8" x 1 1/8", 2 3/4" x 1", 2 3/4" x 1 3/4", 1 3/4" x 1 5/8", 1 3/4" x 1"
Early espresso ink
Good Morning Magnolia stamp set
Large clear block
Snips
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Classic label punch

Instructions

On the piece of old olive card stock, I have stamped the large magnolia image in the centre and then stamped parts of the flower around the edges of the card stock. This is just for a bit of background, most of it will be covered, it is just to give a hint of something.

Adhere the stamped card stock to the centre of the larger piece of designer series paper so that there is a small border from the dsp around the edge of the card.

Then I have arranged the early espresso pieces in place on top of the stamped image (see picture above).

Then adhere the petal pink card to the centre of those pieces and then the dsp in the centre of that. Obviously you won't have exactly the same pieces of dsp as me, so just choose what you like, play about with different pieces until you are happy with it.

I have fussy cut one of the magnolias and attached it with dimensionals to the top left section and I have stamped a small sentiment in early espresso on a scrap of petal pink and punched it out with the classic label punch and fixed that in the centre of the middle left section, also with dimensionals.

Place the finished card inside your frame and the picture is complete.

The combinations are endless with this project, you can use any dsp, any images for the background stamping, let your imagination take over.  I would love to see the results.

Happy crafting

Karen XX

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment