Friday 3 April 2020

Fun Fold Friday #9 - Double Step Easel Card Using Garden Lane

Hi Everyone,
Welcome to Episode 9 of Fun Fold Friday and what I am calling a Double Step Easel Card.  I have seen this card called different things; step card, easel card etc but this one has steps and easels so I'm calling it a Double Step Easel Card.  I've brought the lovely Garden Lane designer series paper out again too, I just don't think this has had enough love, there are not very many projects out there using it.

There is also a video tutorial for this card on my YouTube channel, click the link below to check that out:

https://youtu.be/8_JpIRhhQz4

Materials

1 piece of 12" x 6" card stock (for the base), 1 piece of 5 7/8" x 5 1/2" and 1 piece of 4 3/4" square for the two easels (I have used mint macaron)

Mat 1 - 1 piece of 5 5/8" x 5 1/4", 1 piece of 4 1/2" square and 1 strip of 5 3/4" x 1" in one dsp

Mat 2 - 1 piece of 5" x 4 5/8", 1 piece of 3 7/8" square and 1 strip of 5 1/2" x 3/4" of a co-ordinating dsp

1 piece of whisper white 5 7/8" x 2 7/8" for the back to write your message
Scraps of whisper white and mint macaron for the sentiment layers and the decoration
Mint macaron ink
Stitched nested label dies
Die cutting machine
Bloom and Grow stamp set
Butterfly Gala stamp set
Butterfly duet punch
Dimensionals
Multipurpose adhesive
Bone folder
Trimmer
Simply Scored

Instructions

Put the 12" x 6" piece of card stock on the score board with the long side to the top and score at: 1 1/4", 2 3/8", 4 1/4", 6 1/4" and 9".

Starting at the 9" end of the card, fold and burnish all the score lines in a concertina way starting with a mountain, you should end up with 3 mountains when you have finished.

On each of the easel pieces, add the two different mats, centering them, there will be a small border between the first and the edge of the card and a bigger one between the two dsp layers so that you can show off the dsp. Then add the two strips to the front step in the same way (see picture above).

Add glue to the bottom half of each of the easel pieces and fix them to the mountain steps, the larger one at the back and the smaller one in the middle, centering them on the step.

Die cut two nested labels, the larger one in mint macaron, the smaller in whisper white, stamp a sentiment on the white one and then fix to the mint macaron one with adhesive.

Stamp out three sets of butterflies on the scrap of mint macaron (in hindsight, I think it might have been better to stamp in mint macaron on whisper white card) and then punch them out with the duet punch.  I always add the bodies after I have stamped them out, I find it easier but you do whatever suits you best.  Glue the tiny butterflies to the centre of the larger ones and bend up the wings to give them some dimension.  

Add dimensionals to the back of the sentiment layer at the bottom and fix that the the bottom step, in the centre.  Put a dimensional on each of the butterflies and arrange on the card.

There you go, another Fun Fold Friday card done,I hope that you like it.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.


Happy Crafting, see you again soon.

Karen XX




Product List

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful...gorgeous card Karen, I love the colour, I think it's nice and fresh Spring looking xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this card - the different colours of green are gorgeous. I will try and watch the video later, I'm playing catch-up at the moment lol Hope you are keeping well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, we are all fine here thank you, hope you and yours are too xx

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful, not usually a green fan, especially a lot of it but this works soooo well. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete