Wednesday 22 April 2020

Cute Best Dressed Lip Balm Box

Hi Everyone,

As we are all self isolating at the moment, I'm getting ahead with craft fair makes for later in the year and I had a few lip balms in my drawer. I buy things when I see them on offer anywhere and keep them until I think of something to do with them.  So I thought I would make a box like a lipstick box and use the die from the Best Dressed Suite.  Here is how I made it, it's very easy. (My original inspiration was The Paper Pixie on YouTube).

Materials

1 piece of dsp or card stock 3 3/8" x 5" (I've used a piece of the Best Dressed dsp)
Tear and tape
Scrap of silver foil and whisper white
Bakers twine
All dressed up dies
Die cutting machine
Multipurpose adhesive
Tiny tag die (my personal stash)
Lovely lipstick ink
Well Said stamp set
1/2" circle punch

Instructions

On the short side score the paper/card at 3/4", 1 1/2", 2 1/4" and 3". Turn onto the long side and score at 3/8", 1 1/8", 3 7/8" and 4 5/8".

Fold and burnish the score lines (with your fingers is using dsp).

Cut up the scorelines and trim sections as the template in the picture and use the 1/2" circle punch to punch out a little finger pull so that you can pull the box lid out to open it.

Add tear and tape to the tab and fold over the other side to complete the box.  Both ends of this box will open so there is no need to glue any of these sections, just fold them all in and fasten.

Die cut a lipstick in the silver foil and add to the front of the box with glue or tear and tape.  

Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of whisper white, I've used lovely lipstick ink (seemed appropriate ha ha) and die cut with a tiny tag or fussy cut of use a small punch (use whatever you have to hand).

I've wrapped the bakers twine lengthwise around the box several times and added the tag at the lid end and tied with a knot. These are easy to make and could be made in may different colours and papers to suit the flavour of the lip balm or the colour of the lipstick.  I hope you like it and give it a try.


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

Happy Crafting,

Karen XX




1 comment:

  1. A great idea and it looks fabulous. Stay safe and stay well xx

    ReplyDelete