Friday 10 April 2020

Fun Fold Friday #10 - Best Dressed Twisted Gate Fold Card

Hi Everyone,

Today we are making a Twisted Gate Fold card which is much easier than it might appear.  There are lots of these about on Pinterest and YouTube and my initial inspiration was from a card made by Rachel Tessman.  However, the card that Rachel made is quite a small one so I have changed up the measurements, the dsp and the stamp sets, so this one is my version of the design.  I hope that you like it and will give it a try.

There is also a video tutorial over on my Blog where you can watch how I made it, just click on the link below:

https://youtu.be/QT7iy0e_4vs

Materials

1 piece of card stock 5" x 9 3/4" (Pool Party)
1 piece of whisper white for the inside 3" x 4 3/4"
4 pieces of designer series paper (2 each of 2 designs) 3" x 4 3/4" (Peaceful Poppies)
Scraps of card stock for the sentiment
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Dimensionals
Multipurpose adhesive
2" circle punch
Starburst punch
Sending You Thoughts stamp set
Poppy parade ink
Ruler

Instructions

On the long side, score the card stock at 3 1/4" and 6 1/2" and fold and burnish the score lines.

Lay the piece out flat and on each of the side panels, score diagonally using the ruler from the top left to the bottom right of each panel. Then, fold and burnish the diagonal scores.

The pieces of dsp need to be cut on the diagonal as well.  With each set of 2 designs, you need to cut one from top right to bottom left and one from top left to bottom right.  Do these one at a time and make sure that they are facing the right direction (ask me how I know this?  I ruined a couple of pieces of dsp, thats how! ha ha, so watch what you are doing).

Adhere all these diagonal pieces in place.

Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of whisper white using poppy parade ink and then punch out with the 2" circle punch.  Then punch a starburst from the pool party card and glue them together.  Add dimensionals to the back of the starburst but check the positioning on the card front before you add them as they will need to be carefully placed so they don't overhang the fold on the front.

Stamp a sentiment on the inside piece of whisper white and then adhere to the inside of the card.

This card will fit in a 6" x 6" envelope.  I hope that you like this card and will have a go and I would love it if you could click the links and follow the video on YouTube too.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

Happy Crafting,

Karen XX

Product List

6 comments:

  1. Lovely project Karen. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this fun fold. The papers are gorgeous. Hope you are well and stay safe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. I'm fine thank you, hope you are too xx

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful card, so bright and cheery love the paper xxx

    ReplyDelete